Yard Lines for finals in Rochester

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me I'm banging my head into a wall with this discussion.

:worthy:

Jami,

I received MANY suggestions from participants and fans. All were passed along to those who would have interest. I do not recall personally receiving a comment on yard markers, but can tell you the DCA administrators are very much aware of the situation. I have complete confidence in both Gil Silva and Allen Buell to have already formulated a solid plan for another Ernesto (ouch!).

My friends, there is/was no ill-intent, no conspiricy. DCA is led by good people who are knocking themselves out to do best for both participants and spectators. That was probably the most difficult championship year in DCA's history. I suggest we give DCA a pass on some of the details.

See you in Rochester!

Thanks Fred. Just the response for which I was looking. :)

So for the last time, can we please move on to working for next year's championship?? PLEASE?

Hey, guys. I don't think anyone mentioned it, but there weren't any yard markers or yard lines in Rochester. I bet Scranton would have had them!

:spit:

ok ~ that was funny. :doh:

but i'll admit it ~ i'm tired of hearing what now amounts to nothing more than whoa is me about the conditions of last year. we are just over 3 months from the first show of the 2007 competitive season. could we concentrate on the things we think will go right for this year vs. the anticipation it will again be bad weather, things will suck, it's only about the top 10 corps and no one else matters, etc.?? am i asking to much??? :ph34r:

I don't know what all this talk about yard markers is. I watched a couple of them blow away while we were setting up. They were there but they couldn't stand up. If anyone can recall, they are nothing more than 3 ring binders and they don't withstand wind very well.

I sat by and watch what everyone has been posting about no yard lines and now yard line markers. I was one of those top ten competing corps that did NOT have yard lines that were visible. I wasn't complaining....it goes along with your job. You march to forms not dots! Whoever thinks you need to look at the field to march correctly apparently was taught wrong. For my own experience in my high school marching band....the reading buccaneers and the empire statesmen i was taught to march forms. Now i agree with everyone that think next year will be better. last year was a learning experinece and the hurricane didn't help! Please someone close this topic finally!!!!

Sadly, I can't close the topic unless the author requests it be done or it gets completely out of control.