Crossmen in SA

Okay, so I was super bored since all my friends left to different WGI/TECA regionals for winterline and winterguard so I decided to drop by the Crossmen camp give back one of the staff a radio I forgot was in my pocket when I helped at one of the USSBA competitions. Gave it back and decided to just see how the progress was going, and well, I have to admit... Colts, Blue stars, JSU and Glassmen and possibly BAC and Scouts need to really jump up the program if they want to see 2007 in finals. Really good things going on, music selection is a great mix of new genre and classic Crossmen, pretty much what their title is, Metamorphosis. Same classy jazz feel with a different sound. Although it was somewhat dirty and some kids were missing, by the time tour comes around, watch out!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the camps are really important for imparting the basics to the members and for staff design experimentation.

If the staff uses their time wisely in camps, then move-ins will be much smoother and fewer changes will be necessary later.

I agree that for members move-ins are where the majority of the work gets done, but I also think that camps have a value that is not immediately obvious to the members.

About %5 of drum corps occurs during camps.....I think the most important time is move-ins. I don't think you can tell the future of a corps with their weekend acamps.

I think the most important time is the time the members take between camps to stay in shape/practice... if people come into move-ins out of shape/without practicing you're going to see a lot of people on the sidelines one week in and a lot of people struggling to make it through the show.