Crossmen in SA

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The nature of the subject is in and of itself unpredictable. The instructors haven't even had the opportunity to torture the kids in spring training yet. :P

The nature of the subject is in and of itself unpredictable. The instructors haven't even had the opportunity to torture the kids in spring training yet. :P

Good Point.

Really good things going on, music selection is a great mix of new genre and classic Crossmen, pretty much what their title is, Metamorphosis. Same classy jazz feel with a different sound. Although it was somewhat dirty and some kids were missing, by the time tour comes around, watch out!

Before this continues to degrade into some sideline discussion on the value of camps versus move-in (good topic, but start a different thread please), I'd like to say THANKS for sharing your opinion and insights into the Crossmen's recent camp.

one who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :ph34r:

Hmmm, I don't quite see how this is applicable, but oh well. I'm going to point to the quote in Conner's sig for this one. People just shouldn't throw stones in general. That is unless you're trapped in a glass house that doesn't have a door. Then you would be stupid not to use the stone to escape. :P ($1 to Demitri Martin)

Before this continues to degrade into some sideline discussion on the value of camps versus move-in (good topic, but start a different thread please), I'd like to say THANKS for sharing your opinion and insights into the Crossmen's recent camp.

Ever since the major change of staff I was a little hesitant to say something of a finals possibility, but I've seen JSU at the end of the season (finals week, shared a field with them at housing) and know from experience that the Crossmen show will certainly grow throughout the season, hitting them at the point of fighting Blue Stars, Colts, JSU and Glassmen for a finals spot.

I just wish there had been a tuba line of 10 there at camp. I would have needed to change underwear every time they did a run of the parts they had. b**bs

a LOT happens over the period of a month - aside from the differences between the corps, each year is different.

I wouldn't count out a corps in august because they are having issues with performance, endurance, or show design in late june.

How about this one in early/mid July?

This show should give a pretty good indication of who is where.

sland Music Showdown

July 12, 2007

Hilton Head Island, SC

Performing corps

Blue Stars (14 last year)

Colts (13 last year)

Crossmen (15 last year)

Madison Scouts (9th last year)

Pioneer

Spirit from JSU (12 last year)

Teal Sound