"New" Music and corps to perform

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough, I just arranged an excerpt from an Ozzy Osbourne song entitled "Mr. Crowley"

If you're interested, check out the beginning section, where this is a simple, but powerful chord-driven melody on an electric organ.

For all you piano players, it takes all of :30 to figure it out, because all of the chords are in root position :P

----

Spirit Lead Sop

06-07

Anything like this?

Anything like this?

Wow, that is probably the most un-classy thing I've ever heard :beer: . Not in any offense to the band, but that announcer.

What I did was actually made as a trumpet specific chord progression.

But I will tell you that I am going to have Ozzy stuck in my head all night. :beer:

EDIT:

I will say that I tried not to make it sound like a small town marching band "Mickey Mouse" arrangement, ha.

Edited by Big Will

Oddly enough, I just arranged an excerpt from an Ozzy Osbourne song entitled "Mr. Crowley"

If you're interested, check out the beginning section, where this is a simple, but powerful chord-driven melody on an electric organ.

For all you piano players, it takes all of :30 to figure it out, because all of the chords are in root position :P

----

Spirit Lead Sop

06-07

the 1984 Bluecoats used an arrangement of the Mr. Crowley Opening as our Brass on field warmup. Our Brass Instructor (Bill Hamilton) used to direct the warm up back field wearing an OZZY shirt and with his hand in a fist and the pinkie and first finger sticking up.

That season our final score of the season at DCI in Atlanta was a 66.6 - Coincidentally we were told that the negative of the Corps Photo that was taken after our final performance was lost. No one in our corps has seen that photo, and I've always wondered if it was lost or if there was something on the picture with the corps that really wasn't there.

Needless to say the next season the staff would not let us play Mr. Crowley again, and they tried very hard to change the internal image of the corps.

the 1984 Bluecoats used an arrangement of the Mr. Crowley Opening as our Brass on field warmup. Our Brass Instructor (Bill Hamilton) used to direct the warm up back field wearing an OZZY shirt and with his hand in a fist and the pinkie and first finger sticking up.

That season our final score of the season at DCI in Atlanta was a 66.6 - Coincidentally we were told that the negative of the Corps Photo that was taken after our final performance was lost. No one in our corps has seen that photo, and I've always wondered if it was lost or if there was something on the picture with the corps that really wasn't there.

Needless to say the next season the staff would not let us play Mr. Crowley again, and they tried very hard to change the internal image of the corps.

Phil,

How freakin' cool (and eerie) is that!! I never knew that.

I'm surprised only a few corps have tried her music as of yet. I think the last one was Blue Stars(?) and that was a few years ago.

Cowboy Bebop is just begging to have more of its music looked through.

Some of the stuff in Ghost in the Shell would be tremendous on the field.

Radiohead, 311, and Final Fantasy 7 music are my top three.

Ben Folds music would work on the field, Nick Drake, The Bad Plus, Zero 7/Air, Rilo Kiley, Muse, Jaga Jazzist, a best of Damon Albarn (Gorillaz, Blur, The Good The Bad The Queen, etc.) show.....we need some arrangers/designers in DCI who have a bit more ambition. :)

Wow, interesting story, hadn't heard about any of that.