So, is it VK or Velvet Knights now?

:rolleyes: i like coca cola pez. it is very very good.

monkeys are mean-spirited under pressure.

they don't like to make rash decisions.

besides it is year of the pig not the monkey.

hey - isn't canned spam made of pigs?

will there be any ninjas on the field?

:sshh:

Techni-color ninjas like Suncoast in 85. Keppin' it old skool, y'all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this whole thread. I think I just went through a mass A D D moment.....

Wanna ride bikes?

I WANT A BLUE ONE!!! OOOH! Piece of candy!

:)

Edited by aleigh

• 1 month later...

Bump...we need more fun around here!

Garry

Except Blue Devils didn't fold and use the name "BD" exclusively to avoid trouble with the IRS.

Do you know for a fact that that is what VKYAO did? Are you assuming something? Do you know what happens when you assume?

The only entity the IRS had a problem with was the Velvet Knights, Inc. Since VKYAO can't be the Velvet Knights, Inc., what did they do wrong?

You conspiracy theorists need to find a hobby.

Garry in Vegas

You conspiracy theorists need to find a hobby.

Amateur lawyering. Cocktail party lawyers. It's an ADDICTION!

Break the cycle!

Support the new VK! Don't take my word for it...take DCI's word!

The only conspiracy is the universe conspiring against DRUM CORPS FANS by DENYING THEM VK for so long.

Stupid universe! Spoiling our fun like that!

Bring on the pez and light-up pictures of George Hopkins! I don't even know what that means, but it sounds crazy. And crazy works!

Seriously, though...for everyone who was wondering whether these folks out in Pasadena were going to make it or not...they made it this far. This is a real drum corps and it's going to take the field this summer. I believe they are going to take it by storm, but you know what? It'd be really great if all those people who were holding back, waiting to see whether or not they'd make it, would throw a little support behind this group. These are some highly motivated cats. I can remember some rather in-depth conversations on this board, and some of it was pretty negative. IMO, we should put that behind us, because these young people are going to need our support as fans. I think they're going to make us all very proud this summer. From what I understand, they want more than anything to tear the place up, everywhere they go. I haven't heard a note of the show yet, but I can't wait. It's gonna be fantastic.

I'm with them. Are you? :)

YEAH!!!! WHAT HE SAID!

In all seriousness folks...come support the new team!

The show rocks! You'll laugh, you'll cry...heck...you might even take your clothes off! Whatever you do, you'll love it!

Look, I'm glad there is this much controversy. If there wasn't this much controversy, I was wondering if I was at the Velvet Knights.

So, for the weekend, this was one of the best weekends we have had. DCI gave us the thumbs up. The show came together musically much closer to the way I envisioned it while writing it. The horns are louder than it can be imagined for the size that they are......and overtones rang clearly for much of it. And the visual show is gonna be rockin!!!! I'm so excited about the progress we made this weekend.

Saturday night was soooo incredible. Staff were on high emotion hearing the show come together so well. And then Sunday.....the new Velvet Knights were finally given the stamp of approval by DCI.

We are on our way. We have a mission. Let the critics be silent once they see us take the field this summer.

The Velvet Knights are not only back. But we are here to kick some!!!!

Thank you to all the members who made this weekend so memorable.

Thank you to all the fans for your support and encouragement.

And in a few days, you will all get a first sneak peek at the 2007 Velvet Knights........