The 300

You guys are nerds. It was a movie about breasts, killing, and breasts killing things. The soundtrack is so war movie-ish cheese. I think everyone just got caught up in the sheer awesomeness of the visual powerhouse it was.

...and the breasts.

brilliantly said, this entire forum is filled with a huge persian war machine of band-Os. the real question is, "what corps will be trendy enough to jump on the BOA bandwagon and make this into a show?", good luck trying to get the heavy metal guitar riffs in there.

as for the real leonidas, most of you probably couldnt even pronounce the man's name correctly, let alone be scholarly enought to "know the real story". its a movie, relax.

ps. i admit being very caught up in the breasts.

Edited by karl E. Hungus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are nerds. It was a movie about breasts, killing, and breasts killing things. The soundtrack is so war movie-ish cheese. I think everyone just got caught up in the sheer awesomeness of the visual powerhouse it was.

...and the breasts.

brilliantly said, this entire forum is filled with a huge persian war machine of band-Os. the real question is, "what corps will be trendy enough to jump on the BOA bandwagon and make this into a show?", good luck trying to get the heavy metal guitar riffs in there.

as for the real leonidas, most of you probably couldnt even pronounce the man's name correctly, let alone be scholarly enought to "know the real story". its a movie, relax.

Best posts ever made in the history of DCP

I guess I enjoy having civil discussions on topics I enjoy...Unlike most threads on DCP, it has been somewhat of a nice change from hearing all the stupid back and forth bickering, insults, and name-calling which usually takes place on here...But of course, I knew it would have to end eventually..

Best posts ever made in the history of DCP

Right after all of yours...

Well of course

:)

Thanks for, you know, not being condescending or anything. Appreciated and noted.

I gave a speech on how the battle of Thermopylae went down the same week the movie came out. I saw the movie and really enjoyed it because it was just a cool film to watch, but yeah it was very inacurate. Who cares? It is what it is: awesome.

Yeah, they did a cool article in the latest EW on 300 which pointed out some histoircal flaws in the movie..They also pointed out some historical facts that were in there...They also pointed out that they had an expert on ancient warfare which was a consultant for the movie...He is quoted as saying " 300's beefcake would have pleased the Greeks. Their vases and literature were NOT realistic. Herioc nudity, the Greeks called it, made people bigger and more buff too..Dr. Victor Davis Hanson (Stanford University).