The 300

... I am still in awe. So, last night, I went and saw the new film "300" and experienced probably the best action movie I've ever seen. Those of you that saw it yesterday, or are going to see it tonight know (or will) that one of the most stunning features of this film, is the soundtrack. The original score by Tyler Bates is simply breathtaking. I believe that this film, will be one of the biggest blockbusters of this decade, and its soundtrack will rank in sales among Saturday Night Fever. In other words, its going to be great drum corps music. Any one else who has seen it agree?

-Chadwycke

Edited by Mr Chadwycke

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I am still in awe. So, last night, I went and saw the new film "300" and experienced probably the best action movie I've ever seen. Those of you that saw it yesterday, or are going to see it tonight know (or will) that one of the most stunning features of this film, is the soundtrack. The original score by Tyler Bates is simply breathtaking. I believe that this film, will be one of the biggest blockbusters of this decade, and its soundtrack will rank in sales among Saturday Night Fever. In other words, its going to be great drum corps music. Any one else who has seen it agree?

-Chadwycke

yessssss, im gonna see it today and i cant wait, im gonna get the soundtrack too

Honestly, the imagry was awesome and the soundtrack complimented the film adequately, but I don't think it is anything to write home about. In my opinnion much better work was done for Gladiator, and Troy.

(Also, slightly less related - Pan's Labirynth had an AMAZING soundtrack)

I agree. Awesome stuff in 300... Def. one of my new favorite movies...

I was severely disappointed with 300.

I suppose if you know absolutely nothing about the actual battle it would have been fine, but almost nothing in the film was historically accurate.

I enjoyed the effects and all, but a film that told what actually happened would have been so much more compelling, and just as thrilling.

Think they summed it up when Leonidus said - all that needs be remmembered is that this is where few stould against many.

Not quite evereything else in the movie, but more than most of it, is just action fluff. However, it is based on the graphic novel, which I have not read, NOT the historical events as they occured.

It is fun for what it is - definately a movie that gets you pumped to go out and win the world series, superbowl, and stanley cup all at the same time. However, the movie really made me feel like a complete waste of space - did they comb every Gold's gym in the country for those guys or what? "We're Spartans, we're bad###...but we like a good wax every now and then!" :)

The cinemetography is beyond just about anything, and the iconic imagry is what the movie is all about. As long as you go into it expecting just to be entertained then you'll be okay - but don't go expecting to learn anything about the actual battle of Thermopolea.

I was amused by the incorporation of some of the more famous lines from Heradatos' history.

[forgive my mispelling of names, didn't have the gusto to wikipedia them]

Think they summed it up when Leonidus said - all that needs be remmembered is that this is where few stould against many.

Not quite evereything else in the movie, but more than most of it, is just action fluff. However, it is based on the graphic novel, which I have not read, NOT the historical events as they occured.

It is fun for what it is - definately a movie that gets you pumped to go out and win the world series, superbowl, and stanley cup all at the same time. However, the movie really made me feel like a complete waste of space - did they comb every Gold's gym in the country for those guys or what? "We're Spartans, we're bad###...but we like a good wax every now and then!" :)

The cinemetography is beyond just about anything, and the iconic imagry is what the movie is all about. As long as you go into it expecting just to be entertained then you'll be okay - but don't go expecting to learn anything about the actual battle of Thermopolea.

I was amused by the incorporation of some of the more famous lines from Heradatos' history.

[forgive my mispelling of names, didn't have the gusto to wikipedia them]

I agree that it is good for what it is, just expected at least 20% to stick with the actual events and they weren;t even close to that.

Biggest example is the oracle at delphi.

I can't think of any reason to totally change what the oracle tells Leonidas.

What the oracle says in the movie has nothing to do with what it told Leonidas.

PLUS the actual prediction would have set the movie up SO much better.

Just me.

again, it was a good film for what it is.

Just drives me bonkers seeing movie after movie that is "based" on true events totally distort the events into something that hardly resembles the actual events.

After 300 probably the worst offender in that category was Braveheart.

Just once I would love to see a movie based on history actually tell it like it happened.

Especially with a story like 300 it would be an incredible film just sticking to the events.

I know 300 is based on the graphic novel and that Frank Miller freely admits he didn't stick anywhere close to the history, but the actual events are actually more thrilling.

It's based on a fictitious COMIC BOOK. This is not SUPPOSED to be historically accurate.

Kind of disappointing to see that any of you expect anything from Hollywood but fluff and buff!

Side note: Even the "good" movies aren't really all that good anymore. That's because sometime during Clinton/Bush, Hollywood skipped from entertainment into the activist business. So much for entertainment and history!

Kind of disappointing to see that any of you expect anything from Hollywood but fluff and buff!

Side note: Even the "good" movies aren't really all that good anymore. That's because sometime during Clinton/Bush, Hollywood skipped from entertainment into the activist business. So much for entertainment and history!

You're right..."Boogie Nights" packed a pretty powerful political message.

(or at least it packed something...)