Time to Put Up or ...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like it and agree that it's nice to have some options that make subtler use of corps' logos and names, I'm wondering if this would be a bit vague for the average drum corps show attendee. I get the butterfly as the metamorphosis/reincarnation/new start for the Crossmen but wonder if enough show attendees will to the point of wanting to part with $20 to buy it. It might need a tagline like "Metamorphosis", "A New Beginning" or "Rebirth". Even then, I think it might be a better seller to women with very little interest from men.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to incorporate the Maltese cross into the butterfly design. Maybe the red dots on the lower wings could be small crosses. Otherwise, any refernce to the Crossmen is eliminated everytime someone tucks this shirt into their pants.

None of this is meant to take away from your beautiful design and thought put into your efforts. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to "test the dogfood".

If the shirt is a ladies cut (as in a skinny cut/not a standard t-shirt), that style of shirt is not usually worn tucked in. There are plenty of shirts already with the cross or that say Crossmen on them. And now if you check out the YEA website, there's a large selection with the state of Tx on it also. I'd love to see some variety- and having a shirt that's subtle would do that.

But that's just my $.02 as an alum that has no interest in spending $18 for a shirt with a logo or the state of Texas on it.

This thread is getting better than QVC. :P

I liked your ideas! Here's a shirt I'd like to see this year. I should state that I am in no way affiliated with the Madison Scouts - just a big fan!

FRONT:

MadFront.jpg

BACK

<image removed for language not allowed on these boards - jm>

The best!

I'll buy two.

I liked your ideas! Here's a shirt I'd like to see this year. I should state that I am in no way affiliated with the Madison Scouts - just a big fan!

FRONT:

MadFront.jpg

BACK

I must...buy this.

FRONT:

MadFront.jpg

BACK

:grouphug: NICE !!!!!!Real Class!!!!!! Says it all with no lettering!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^OO^

Ummm...except men won't wear butterflies on their shirts. Otherwise it's a great shirt design for women.

Does it come in a unicorn variety?