Spring Finals Predictions

1st Blue Devils - Their show is unannounced so far, but they want to win...really, really, really bad this year. They missed winning in 2006...(6 year)

They want to win... really, really, really bad EVERY year. And they didn't miss WINNING in 2006, they missed 2nd place.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if my mom marches Cadets?

Depends on if she's the lead singer or actually does something useful. :lol: ^0^

1.) It is a physical impossibility for your mama to march Cadets if you're doing D1. Maybe if she had you at age 14 and you were doing some pee-wee corps somewhere. Sorry to poop on that party.

2.) Nice to see some other predictions of Xmen in Finals! ($1 to all Texans!)

3.) Madison out of finals? Yes, I know it wouldn't be the first time. But don't see it happening. My opinion.

4.) When did BD NOT want a ring?

5.) Love VK, hope they come back, believe it when I see it. Any other 10-year+ defunct corps make a successful comeback??

6.) Can't see Cadets jumping from the Wonderland that is 5th place all the way to 1st any more than I can see PR going from 8-8-7-6-5-4-5-3-2 to 6th! Top 3 probably doesn't change--3-point+ spread is still 3-point spread. Probably won't be a 3-point spread again, champion will probably score higher, and 4th will be closer, but I still see:

Top 3 ('06 order):

Cavies, PR, BD

Second 3 ('06 order):

Blue (on the rise--hungry!), Cadets (wants back in top 3--only one year removed--hungry!), SCV (3+ up on 7--safe)

7-12 (in order):

Crown

Knights

Scouts (although I lose one of my Dr Pepper bets if Xmen pass them!)

Xmen (one word, two syllables: Du-blin!)

Glassmen

Boston

No offense to Spirit--picking 11-13 is the toughest of the 12 based on last year.

And if Colts are as strong as someone was mentioning, look out Boston/Glassmen!

Edited by silvertrombone

picking 11-13 is the toughest of the 12 based on last year.

Actually if you are truly picking 11-13 "based on last year," it should be a no-brainer.

Last year, not one single corps that finished out of the top 12 beat Spirit at any show all year. Not at the beginning of the season, not in the middle of the season and not at the end of the season. I don't believe any of them were even within a point in head-to-head competition at any point in the year.

I also don't believe Spirit beat the Glassmen at any point in the year.

I'd say it was pretty obvious all year that Glassmen would finish 11th and Spirit would finish 12th. Anyone who felt otherwise going into finals week was just kidding themselves. The only real suspense in places 11-13 was who among Colts, Blue Stars and Crossmen would be 13th.

Edited by oldsoprano

Ok just making a stab, this probably won't even be close, but its fun to think about!

1) Cadets - picking them because their music selections are pretty sweet, and b/c they had a down year last year (like 89, 99, 04, etc.)

2) BD - just a feeling that they are going to do well.....they always seem to.

3) Cavies - Could come back to surprise me, but I just have a hard time seeing them do this show. (I guess that's the point though)

4) Phantom - even though last year was amazing, I have a hard time placing them higher for now.

5) Bluecoats - Seems like a cool show title. Waiting to see about music and what not. Just don't see them breaking into the top tier just yet.

6) SCV - some staff changes that will eventually be for the better, but I think it will take atleast a year the staff to get comfortable.

7) Crown - Cool show title. Waiting for that percussion section to catch up before they can go any higher.

8) BK - Still working and getting better. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

9) Spirit - Great momentum from last year. Maybe this year their visual package will FINALLY get there. Please.

10) Boston - I just have a hard time putting them much lower. I think they still need to work some things out though.

11) Madison - Not putting them out of finals. Even with the changes and rookies, I think they are going to be ok. Should improve in the next years.

12) Colts - I think it would be nice to see someone new in the big show. Right now, this, for me, is the corps to do it.

-----------------

(not going to give an explanation from here out)

13) Glassmen

14) Crossmen

15) Blue Stars

16) Southwind

17) Academy

18) Troopers

19) Mandarins

20) Pacific Crest

21) Pioneer

22) Cascades

12th place will be the same way it is every year. There will be 3 or 4 corps that have lots of people going for them. I'm always in anticipation for the corps 8-23 because they have to put up more of a show than the elite corps. Don't get me wrong, I love watching PR,Cadets, Cavies, but it seems like they are in a different category of competition.