Spring Finals Predictions

I never said anything about not liking competition....competition is a part of the drive. And that all it should be, PART. It's the animosity I don't care to much for. The staffs that impress that a summer without a ring is a summer poorly spent, or that the only goal for the evening is to beat X corp. Sure, these predictions are funny (especially the time of year and lack of information people base said predictions on) but every now and then you see someone just disrespect a group and you have to wonder where that kind of idea came from. Now, I may not like what some corps are doing, or how they go about their summer, but you have to respect each and every group, each and every member for putting it all out on the line day in and day out. To see such a dismissal from the fans these kids work so hard to please is shameful.

so does the second half of this post apply to all the Crown/Boston bashing threads post 2004, or the Blue Devil bashes post 05 or the Cadets 06 'free-for-alls'.....or does this just apply to making predicitions that we have to respect other corps?? because if you truly believe this, then you need to copy and paste that post into 85% of the threads on DCP.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself, please. You can have your dreams of your precious ring.

Thats why I said "I"

Thanks.

I'll say what I said a few weeks ago:

IT'S ONLY APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(this post adjusted to fit current month but the intent is still the same)

How did you say "Its only april" a few weeks ago ... its only april 3rd ??? :wub:

Ask the majority of the Cavaliers if their summer would have been worse last year if they didn't win the ring. I feel fairly confident in saying that for the vast majority of them, the answer would be 'no'. I'm sure they liked to win, but it wouldn't change their perception of the summer.

Um thats why I said "I" ..... I would want a ring, I wasnt speaking for the cavaliers ... or anybody ... else ?? :wub:

Geeze. I wish the season would start already sopeople would calm down.

Edited by brassdrumguard

I wear my ring like...once or twice a year?

It's kind of heavy. :(

lol...seriously...those things are akward, I almost couldnt wear mine but i forced myself to get used to it. Now it just sits in a box. No big deal really...

How did you say "Its only april" a few weeks ago ... its only april 3rd ??? :wub:

It's says at the bottom: "(this post adjusted to fit current month but the intent is still the same)."

I believe it said March last time.

Some of you need to lighten up. Get over the fact that SOME ONE ELSE'S favoirite corps may not be YOUR favorite corps.

PREDICTION THREADS ARE JUST FOR FUN!

And none of us are or claim to be a professional sports announcers trying to make accurate predictions for money.

Edited by shawn craig

...and to answer your question....no, the whole summer is not about the scores and the placement i come in. Although i am a very competitive person and do thouroughly enjoy the intense competition of the activity also. BUT my biggest joys of the summer is the 134 people i travel with and the wonderful staff i get to have all summer long. Along with the tour and the thrill of performing and enjoying all the life experiences drum corps has to offer. I get all of that out of my marching experience. But my competitive nature also drives and strives to win, so that is also on my mind. But to take my previous posts and twist it by saying i am calling every other corps a loser and making the accusation that my only purpose is to win and judge my summer based of scores and "success" is very far off the mark.
That's all I needed to know, thanks.

Hey--I just thought of something--since most of us don't (or aren't allowed to) disclose our corps associations, wouldn't it be funny if it turned out thePerfectBuzz and Einstein On The Beach were in the same corps? b**bs