Is DCA dead?

Which is what is occurring with Bucs & Bridgemen alumni being asked to do the Allentown regional, as well as the west coast corps competing at various DCI shows, not to mention the different alumni corps exhibiting at DCI finals.

Here are your first baby steps.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, it was a friggin tropical storm. An unusual occurrance in the Rochester area.

I would think that any company is going to protect their assets in a situation such as that. Meaning = if the cameras will be damaged, or the electronics pose a health hazard, then take them down. It only makes sense.

By that logic, 40% or more of the corps shouldn't have performed. Must protect the uniforms, drums, and short term health of it's members.

As far as a tropical storm, the conditions were rain and wind. For some regions in the united states, those are normal conditions for 300+ out of 365 days of the year. Again, it should NOT have been an issue. And apparently wasn't on Sunday, when it was still raining.

Which is what is occurring with Bucs & Bridgemen alumni being asked to do the Allentown regional, as well as the west coast corps competing at various DCI shows, not to mention the different alumni corps exhibiting at DCI finals.

Here are your first baby steps.

Exactly.

Not to mention out west where almost every show that DCA corps participate in is a DCI show.

how are the west coast corps received at DCI shows?

..........Then we can discuss getting other groups to go out west or south since they know the audience will be there to pay for their expenses.........

This sounds like you expect to have all of the corps travel expenses paid by someone else. In what world do you think that happens? I can guarantee that corps travelling from the west coast to championships do not get their travel expenses paid by anyone but the corps members themselves.

For a while, it was like we were a novelty. As in "Yeah these old guys still try and march." Now they realize we are as serious about entertaining and putting out a quality show as any other corps in the country. The audiences are a bit small as we go on first at every show, but the number of people in the stadium has increased over the last couple years. They also show as much appreciation to what we give them as just about any other corps in the show.

By that logic, 40% or more of the corps shouldn't have performed. Must protect the uniforms, drums, and short term health of it's members.

As far as a tropical storm, the conditions were rain and wind. For some regions in the united states, those are normal conditions for 300+ out of 365 days of the year. Again, it should NOT have been an issue. And apparently wasn't on Sunday, when it was still raining.

there is a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE between a normal rain storm with some wind and what occurred at Rochester.

if you can't see this and compare it to everyday normal conditions so be it ~ NOTHING ANYONE SAYS will ever change your mind. DCA was out to screw you ~ it's that simple.

there ~ are you happy now? :doh: :doh: :worthy:

We used to go on last at the DCI shows, and the audience reaction was fantastic. In fact, at the Concord show in 2001, the Renegades received the longest standing ovation I have ever seen at a drum corps show, bar none.

Shortly thereafter, senior corps had to go on first at all DCI shows ... in the sun, before most fans are in their seats. The real bummer is that this effectively killed off 20% of our summer rehearsal time.

It is apparent and obvious to me that you have absolutely no clue.

You keep your head in the sand, and think everyone was out to screw you that night.

We'll stand here and laugh at you.

Edited by MikeM

I stomp them.

Really don't have the heart to 'conflict' them........I'll just stick with stomping them.

Forgive me.

Edited by ContraRich77