Had electronics passed, this would be legal

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productde...px?ObjectId=849

Click on the video link on the page. He'll demonstrate that this is an electronic input device, and would have been legal. Yes - a strict interpretation of the rule, as written, would indeed allow for this. Why? Isn't it stringed? Well, an instrument makes a noise... the "guitar" he's playing is fully plugged in, and acts as a controller for the system.

If you're not sure, you could play the VG-99 with a midi keyboard, too. There were no restrictions on the input device.

We were thisclose to allowing a corps to use this, or something like it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right tahts awessome!! :lol:

whos right?

hehehe

I heard about these things called brass and percussion instruments that I personally think would be really cool to see in drum corps.

Amen and Amen.

I heard about these things called brass and percussion instruments that I personally think would be really cool to see in drum corps.

Quit sounding like one of those neanderthal traditionalists. Today's marching units can only use be amps, electronics and woodwinds. Brass and percussion are a thing of the past. :lol:

Edited by sburstall

Quit sounding like one of those neanderthal traditionalists. Today's marching units can only use be amps, electronics and woodwinds. Brass and percussion are a thing of the past. :lol:

Yeah, good point. Plus I heard Cavaliers' electric ukelele line is REALLY good this year. They'll probably get the MikeD Award for High Strings at finals. :P