2004 Phantom Ballad

874 was actually three random numbers that the staff picked out. They claim it has no reason, but we will likely never know.

That is correct - however, it also happened to be the exact day of finals that year. Just turns out it was one of those bizarre coincidences.

Maybe the style of the music was a little different than what people have come to expect from PR - but that hornline was vintage Regiment. Tons of power, esspecially from the low brass.

As for 2001 - I'm pretty comfortable saying that it was THE most popular show of 01 on the DCM tour, and definately up there by the time they got to championships. Just a GREAT show overall.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

874 was actually three random numbers that the staff picked out. They claim it has no reason, but we will likely never know.

~>conner

Bummer - I thought it was going to be the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I thought it was maybe a transposition of the Rockford area code, which is 847.

Edited by billj

does anyone have the story of 874? I believe it was posted on Regiment's site a while ago.

~>conner

Bummer - I thought it was going to be the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I thought it was maybe a transposition of the Rockford area code, which is 847.

Actually, the composer had some weird numbers on his tunes, from what I remember...I just figured they were goofing on that aspect of Piazzolla. I.e. Imagenes 676.

04 regiment had no where to go. I loved the show, and the hornline was great (go mellos!), but Cadets were phenomenal, as was SCV, BD, and Cavies. Just an excellent year of competition.

I like this show, but it just seems to drag a little bit. I think the music is great, but just doesn't carry through the show like Phantom's other recent offerings have to me.

AHEM..

That's IT! THAT'S IT!!!

And the "Flame" button doesn't work in your signature line...

:P