The smell of Drum Corps

It's been 11 years since I aged out with but the other day I was at my sons baseball game and it they had just mowed and water the fields and the smell of wet grass in the cold breeze reminded me of those early mornings on tour walking out to the field to practice.

What triggers your memories of the day?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was this one morning last week when there were those exact conditions. All of the sudden, I didn't see Ithaca College anymore. I was walking out to the food truck for breakfast. What an incredible feeling! Followed, of course, by realizing that I was on my way to music theory at nine AM.

Also, the smell of air rife with bus fumes and b.o.

Diesel fumes!

valve oil.

Diesel fumes!

Gets me every time.

Also, whenever I hear a banging in the distance - it could just be someone hammering something - but it reminds me of a drumline in the distance.

One last one - in the fall I would hear the marching band at the stadium practicing when I was walking to the library (the only sounds that carry that well are the brass and the percussion), and it always brings me back.