Dreaming drum corps

The dreams I have always have me waking up in a cold sweat.

The dream I have the most is where the corps is just rocking and the crowd is into it and it's my turn to play a solo and the only thing that comes out is the first eight notes of Frer au Jacques.

What a dream !!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

Edited by ODBC

Ive had dreams where I'm on the field performing a show that I have no idea about! I dart and dash around trying to follow the drill forms...scary stuff!

Funny, there's a certain point where everyone having this nightmare is below a certain age! Post-70's me thinks. ^0^

on the bus last summer

i had dreams of run-throughs of the show. i would wake up at the end of the closer and realize no one else was doing the same thing. i would feel stupid for a second, and then go back to sleep. i had about five of these every night.

on the bus last summer

i had dreams of run-throughs of the show. i would wake up at the end of the closer and realize no one else was doing the same thing. i would feel stupid for a second, and then go back to sleep. i had about five of these every night.

I'm not the only one

:sshh:

I have this dream pretty consistantly during all days, in anticipation of the first show of the season...

It's my first show of my rookie year, but the location has been somehow moved to the Anaheim Stadium (pre-disney days of the white painted stadium). It starts about 2 hours pre-show, with my desperate attempts of figuring out how to put my uni on....

I pick up my horn, and completely flip out, because my horn is so small... I think to myself, oh yeah, I play high brass this year! Sweet!........

I can't find my shoes. I swear I had them set right over there... I ask around and find one of these shoes... the other is soon located but it is white and i need a black shoe... so i quickly paint it with black polish...

Then I realize that the rest of the hornline is gone already, so I start my searching for them. In the process i run into friends, family, all the distractions I could ever imagine running into and then some more too...

I find my horn arc, finish warming up... then realize i have the wrong corps uniform on.... but there isnt time, so I line up with the rest of the corps anyway...

I march onto the field and quickly wake up as soon as I realize I forgot how to play this show on a G horn years ago...

yeah...

umm......

:D

I occasionally have the aforementioned dreams about

A) Coming in after some drill has already been learned and being completely lost on the field

B) Coming in to fill a hole and then realizing that I aged out. One time the instructors knew it but just told me to keep it a secret and tell everyone that I didn't really age out

Edited by dbc03