Dreaming drum corps

Anyone here, especially those long since aged out, ever dream of drum corps?

every once in a while I have a dream I am in the horn arc warming up and then we head to the field for the show.

I always wake up before the show starts.

Doesn't that suck?

I have a corps dream usually about once a month (in fact, just two nights ago I had one). Generally it involves practicing and getting ready for the show, then usually I realize (still in my dream) that I'm 28 and way past aging out and I think that DCI wouldn't look kindly on a Div I junior corps marching with a 28 year old. Then I wake up.

I sometimes dream of a corps smoking cigars and marching into a dark tunnel. And sometimes there are fireworks.

Any ideas what that means? b**bs

Edited by jthomas666

I occasionally have the dream of entering the field for a show, and not having a #### clue what my music or sets are.

I occasionally have the dream of entering the field for a show, and not having a #### clue what my music or sets are.

I used to have that one occasionally for a number of years until senior corps came to California.

I also had a dream that I didn't care if a topic was brought up more than once on DCP.

Yeah, I've had a few, off and on, since I aged out. (Less now than I used to...) They've all been variations on just a few themes: trying to catch up with the corps as they march towards the field to perform a show (usually due a missing horn, uniform pieces, etc.), coming in mid-season and not being able to keep up with the music and drill during a show (or not having any idea what's going on) or starting the season, only to realize that I should have aged out (and, somehow, no one caught it) and then freaking out that I've got to tell someone and drop out, or the corps will be disqualified.

I actually have drum corps dreams quite often. They always seem to be very similar: I come back from mid-season break and I can't remember the music or the drill.