DCI Atlanta

The Atlanta show was awesome for me! If your sitting on the ground level the sound is amazing, and the dome resonates ALOT! But if your up on the higher levels, all you really is the percussion and the brass sounds muffled! Other then that, its definitely worth going to.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a nice place to have a show, but where I was sitting it was a rare moment that I actually was able to hear any brass and as for the percussion, I could hear it but it was so boomy that I couldnt recognise alot of the music. So, it pretty much just depends on where you are sitting...and the rain delay was great!!

I haven't been there for DCI but I was there for the BOA show this past fall. Of the three dome shows I think the Georgia Dome is the best of the three facilities, and yes I have been to all three. The seating is very comfortable though watch out because the floor can be kinda slippery. Acoustics are pretty good. If you can secure seats in the club level thats where you want to be. It's a small deck of about 20 rows or so between the lower and upper decks. Great for both music and visual.

I thought the show was great and the facilities first class.

Yes, it is a dome - but if it wasn't a dome, a major DCI regional would have been rained out last year. (And even when it doesn't rain, air conditioning is OK with me for any show in places like Atlanta or San Antonio in July.)

Bottom line, I am planning on going back.

I was right on the 50 about 15 rows from the top. i could see everything perfectly, but ALOT of stuff was drowned out musically...

Overall it was worth the money and the trip...i'll be there again this year and i anyone would enjoy the show...

I was in the upper deck. Sound was fine and view was great.

Cheers, :huh:

Sean

w/Stp:

I marched this past summer, and I was called off the field for the great flood of 2006. I did get the chance to see a couple of shows from my friends seats in the upper deck later that night. I thought the Georgia Dome worked well for DCI. My friends and family loved every moment (except when they were flooded) and are going back. I have seen several High School and College Bands and a few Drum corps preform there, and I always enjoy it. The sound quality is not bad like some of the smaller domes.

I thought the show was great and the facilities first class.

Yes, it is a dome - but if it wasn't a dome, a major DCI regional would have been rained out last year.

You mean ANOTHER major DCI regional, right?