DCI Atlanta

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too close and too big a show not to go for us, not to mention seeing the daughter. However, due to procrastination, our seats were not good....we were IN the section with the waterfall. The sound was not good, although, as you might expect, the view was good.

The best thing about it? Couldn't hear one sound of Cadets' narration or vocals.....

dcp reaches a new level of detail...

Shall I describe the cushioning on the seats as well? :huh:

So the impression that I am getting is that I need to get seats on the 50, about 20-25 rows up?

sounds like a deal. Thanks to everyone for the input.

middle level. Not the bottom level, not the top level.

if you look at my picture, I am in the top row of the second deck. The perfect seats, IMO.

~>conner

I am curious as to how the drum corps show was last year in the Georgia Dome. I am thinking of buying tickets for some friends down there, and I was wondering if it would be worth their time to watch it there.

As in--does the dome have an adverse effect on the sound at all? too much?

Just throw some thoughts out for me.

The sound in the Georgia Dome isn't too bad FOR A DOME. But yes, being indoors has a very noticable adverse effect on the sound.

If you are buying tickets for friends who will be seeing their first drum corps show, I would take them to the outdoor show in Alpharetta three weeks earlier, or the JSU show 90 minutes away on the night after the Atlanta regional. That way they will experience the powerful sounds of drum corps, which, to me, is the thing that most makes the activity unique. While the sound in the Ga. Dome is superior to most other domed stadiums, it still is inferior to being outdoors.

Of course, the best thing would be to buy your friends tickets to the regional AND to one of the nearby outdoor shows.

The best place to sit (I sat in several places to find the best place to get tickets for following years) is on the second level.

The lower bowl gets some reverb.

The second level is much better for viewing and if you sit between the 40s the judges are right behind you so the corps aim their horns up that way, helps cut down on the echo.

Overall, not bad for a Dome.

I far prefer outdoors, but as far as domes go, its not bad.

Also when you take into consideration that the thunder storm we got last year would have ended the show before the top 6 got on the field, its not a bad trade off.

Hope that helps

It doesnt matter where anyone thinks the best seats in the house are, since you will have to buy from Ticketmaster you just have to take what you are given...unless there is some secret that I am unaware of.

It doesnt matter where anyone thinks the best seats in the house are, since you will have to buy from Ticketmaster you just have to take what you are given...unless there is some secret that I am unaware of.

I did just order tickets from TicketMaster for other shows, and I was able to pick my exact seats. So... if you know the exact section, row, and seat you wish to sit in, they do offer that. But.. you will you pay hefty (imo) 'convenience' fees.

Trying to decide on Atlanta. From what I've gathered, middle section b/t the 40s would be the best spot. A few friends and I are driving from St. Louis to Murfreesboro, and are considering driving to Atlanta the following night (would be a long weekend). I've done the dome thing in Indy, and haven't been back to a dome since. I'm on the fence with this one.

Van