^OO^ ^OO^ This was my first ever Stringer. Just got back from Baltimore and my head is still full of drum corps tunes from Archie, Knights, Reilly, and the host Yankee Rebels. DCI may be avant-garde but these Alumni corps are the guardians of drum corps. They were absolutely great. They were topped off by the "Commandant's Own" Marine Drum and Bugle Corps. The show was spiced up by the Mason-Dixon Line and the Music Express (a stage Drum and Bugle Corps). The show was closed by the American Originals Fife and Drum Corps. If you have never seen them you are in for a very pleasant surprise.

Just one more thing! If you missed this year's show catch next years'. I plan on being a regular to this show.

Thanks Yankee Rebels for putting on a great show. See you at other shows! :sumo::lol::huh2:

PS. Good job Fran! Loose the shirt B)

Want MORE!!!!!!!!!!

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

On Saturday April 28th 2007 at 6pm The Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights and the Nutley Music Boosters Association will be co hosting an Indoor show at the Franklin Middle School 325 Franklin Ave Nutley, NJ

The following musical units will be appearing

Mass Brass

NY Skyliners Alumni

Reilly Raiders

Yankee Rebels

Archer Epler

Music Express

Blessed Sacrament

along with the Nutley High School Concert and Jazz Band.

Ticket prices are $12.00 for Adults and $8.00 for Seniors/Students

For advance tickets e mail ronbon50@aol.com

For those who want to hang out after the show we will be headed across the street to our new home the Nutley Elks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran, if you could just hand me my water bottle next time when I need it, that would be great. :lol:

Robbie, I'll put that on my "to do" list for next year's Stinger! :P

Fran

^OO^ ^OO^ This was my first ever Stringer. Just got back from Baltimore and my head is still full of drum corps tunes from Archie, Knights, Reilly, and the host Yankee Rebels. DCI may be avant-garde but these Alumni corps are the guardians of drum corps. They were absolutely great. They were topped off by the "Commandant's Own" Marine Drum and Bugle Corps. The show was spiced up by the Mason-Dixon Line and the Music Express (a stage Drum and Bugle Corps). The show was closed by the American Originals Fife and Drum Corps. If you have never seen them you are in for a very pleasant surprise.

Just one more thing! If you missed this year's show catch next years'. I plan on being a regular to this show.

Thanks Yankee Rebels for putting on a great show. See you at other shows!

correct me if I am wrong

back in the day the Rebels did a little fanfare of "Dixie" OTL and called it The Dixie Stinger, a stinger is a musical riff added in for effect, usually at the end of a tune or phrase, in the case it was at the beginning, it was very smart to later name the annual show after this catchy phrase

hope we can live up to being the guardians of drum corps

Thanks Yankee Rebels for putting on a great show. See you at other shows! :blink::doh::doh:

PS. Good job Fran! Loose the shirt B)

"Richard", (not wanting to go around DCP filters)

Congratulations on your first Dixie Stinger attendance! b**bs (wish I had stop by and introduced Donna and myself)

I took about 350 photos and I'm still re-sizing and adjusting them but here's a "reminder" of Fran's shirt.... b**bs

(during the raffle)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/434/07d...ranhraffvc7.jpg

07dixiestingerfranhraffvc7.th.jpg

And a little "closer" look... :lol: (ignore the short fat guy he's standing next to...LOL)

*TRYING to not laugh at those shirts!*

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/686/07d...ranhtonyxa1.jpg

07dixiestingerfranhtonyxa1.th.jpg

Good Lord!!!!!! I'm blinded.........or hallucinating!!!!!! B)

Jimbalaya

"Richard", (not wanting to go around DCP filters)

Congratulations on your first Dixie Stinger attendance! b**bs (wish I had stop by and introduced Donna and myself)

I took about 350 photos and I'm still re-sizing and adjusting them but here's a "reminder" of Fran's shirt.... b**bs

(during the raffle)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/434/07d...ranhraffvc7.jpg

07dixiestingerfranhraffvc7.th.jpg

And a little "closer" look... :blink: (ignore the short fat guy he's standing next to...LOL)

*TRYING to not laugh at those shirts!*

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/686/07d...ranhtonyxa1.jpg

07dixiestingerfranhtonyxa1.th.jpg

hmm..I don't know...I have a hot pink hawaiian shirt with white flowers all over it...would be a close run...

hmm..I don't know...I have a hot pink hawaiian shirt with white flowers all over it...would be a close run...

....only if you have "proof of purchase" and total is less than $2.00 (tax included) :sshh:

How the heck did we get dragged into this???

I have no idea.

The way things are going, I'm probably just gonna show up that day in a t-shirt. :whistle:

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!! That would not be you Fran. Think of all of us in your Fran Club. We look forward with eager anticipation to your fashion statements..........drooling I might add. :whistle::unsure::blink:

Jimbalaya

I have no idea.

The way things are going, I'm probably just gonna show up that day in a t-shirt. :lol:

Fran