Boston Crusaders

[sarc] Sweet, another BOA show from BAC! [/sarc]

At this point, I think even they can somehow make La Fiesta boring

Dude not cool. I love how last years show suddenly makes Boston a stereotype to boring. Wait til the summer until you make your judgments. Anyways I am really excited about this show. From drill forms to music, if done right, this Picasso theme could be a real good choice. Just imagine the possibilities and open your mind. This should be an exciting show!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more along the lines of 2004 being based on color, then 2007 being based on paintings, with the Blue Period and the Rose Period in the write-up. :P

sorry if i was vague; i get what you were saying and understood your reasoning, i wanted to clarify just in case you or anyone else were actually wondering about that.

well to me, which means nothing, going by the show description it seems like its just playing latin music that just reflects the title of the show. it dosent seem to me that the potential for the design will be much more creative then drill+music+cheesy visuals = "picasso"....I'm sure i could be suprised, but just from reading their description the show doesnt seem like it will be that 'deep'....so maybe they will be amazingly clean and execution in performance will be so strong they jump back into the top 5?

I guess my biggest question is...why Picasso? Such a strange abstract choice. I wonder what made them decide on going that route. The show's about Picasso, but what are they trying to say about it kind of thing I guess is what I'm getting at.

Also, I'm wondering why they skipped his African influenced period. I could see some cool ideas for that segment.

A little bit of trivia- apparently his full name is Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María Julio de los Remedios Crispín Crispiniano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso.

I'm not smart, I just know how to use Wikipedia!

i think the point i more so meant to emphasize in my post, but didnt really convey, is that it really is in the hands of the staff this year. last year they had a much younger and less talented corps than they'll have this year (and have had in years past, where flawed show design, namely from a drill standpoint, has hurt them), and still had a solid hornline and one of the best drumlines (with an incredible book) in the activity. the horn book was underwritten, but i heard them from a great viewpoint during a mid/late season standstill, and they had a surprisingly mature and refined sound. with the addition of wayne dillon and chad pence (who both have previous successes, have plenty of former "students" who are quick to commend their teachings, and are apparently doing great things over there), as well as looking much more well-suited visually (i dont recall what announcements have been officially made as far as drill/visual/design staff goes), i think that as long as the staff doesn't drop the ball, the members aren't going to. its an older, more mature, more hungry, and mentally strong group, and i think it'll serve them well through the coming season.

for a guard that came in 12th on finals night (though i didnt think they were THAT bad or anything, personally), i guess you could pull the "they have nowhere to go but up" card. i dont have too much to say about them, considering they havent had a camp since auditions or anything. colorguard is always much harder to foresee than anything else, anyway.

plus, i think they're going to have one of the stronger drumlines in dci for the second year in a row.

Well, we all know how easy it is to bore Raphael18... chance are if he's bored, I'll be digging the show.

Hey, if they give me a high powered latin show then I'll be all for it - loved 2000, 2001, and 03. :)

[Edit] - I freely admit that my opinnions are not always super popular, that they are highly subjective, and that everyone has different tastes. I just hope the designers give the members a cool show to march - I get annoyed watching rehashed shows from their other projects.

Edited by raphael18

LA FIESTA!!!!

:worthy: b**bs :huh: b**bs :wub: b**bs :wub:

Edited by bigbadjosh89

At least 2 Latin themed shows this year (BAC and G-Men)!!!!

[sarc] Sweet, another BOA show from BAC! [/sarc]

At this point, I think even they can somehow make La Fiesta boring

At this point, I'm not sure if your posts hold much more validity in my eyes.

jeez. wait until you at least hear it.

~>conner

well to me, which means nothing, going by the show description it seems like its just playing latin music that just reflects the title of the show. it dosent seem to me that the potential for the design will be much more creative then drill+music+cheesy visuals = "picasso"....I'm sure i could be suprised, but just from reading their description the show doesnt seem like it will be that 'deep'....so maybe they will be amazingly clean and execution in performance will be so strong they jump back into the top 5?

Eh, let's just reserve all our criticisms until the show's on the field, shall we? I mean, I'm sure I could say the things you say about any other corps' show announcement.

"A show about a horse derby, ugh, nothing but cheesy music and visuals from what the show announcement tells me"

"On Air? Philip Glass? What does that even mean?"

"Smooth Criminal? Every Breath You Take? How cheesy/lame"

I certainly don't know any of the true intentions behind what these shows are going to be, it's not like I've heard any of their music or been to any of their camps, so wouldn't it be incredibly presumptuous of me to make such assumptions? Of course you are totally entitled to think whatever you want, it's a free country, and I'm just saying...

Maybe Boston should get the benefit of the doubt just like every other corps. The staff is trying their damndest this year to put together a team, and create a product that's going to excite the crowd and push the corps competitively.

Edited by dcpguy1111