Madison Scouts - Going Green?

I was there on Sunday when he came out in it. The room was really buzzing and people were anxious to see it. When he finally came out of wherever he was, it was like watching the paparazzi descend on a surprise visit by Tom Cruise. Lots of flashes popping, lots of people asking to pose with him. It was very exciting.

Personally, I like it. I liked last years, the year before and the year before that. It's been a while since I didn't like a Scouts uniform (the corps, not the guard that's a whole other story).

What I liked best about it was how the kid who was wearing it seemed excited about it. I think, like anything, if you feel good in what you're wearing, you're going to look good.

I'm interested to see it on the field with 150 guys wearing it (okay, 118 guys).

My only question is.. what's going to happen to the trucks now that they have changed the uniform so drastically? Will they alter the decals? Will they just repaint them with the Fleur de Lis? Will they just leave them?

How long do you think the controversy thread will be if they change the trucks? :rock:

Stef

*edited for my inability to remember what day is what*

Edited by ScribeToo

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there on Sunday when he came out in it. The room was really buzzing and people were anxious to see it. When he finally came out of wherever he was, it was like watching the paparazzi descend on a surprise visit by Tom Cruise. Lots of flashes popping, lots of people asking to pose with him. It was very exciting.

Personally, I like it. I liked last years, the year before and the year before that. It's been a while since I didn't like a Scouts uniform (the corps, not the guard that's a whole other story).

What I liked best about it was how the kid who was wearing it seemed excited about it. I think, like anything, if you feel good in what you're wearing, you're going to look good.

I'm interested to see it on the field with 150 guys wearing it (okay, 118 guys).

My only question is.. what's going to happen to the trucks now that they have changed the uniform so drastically? Will they alter the decals? Will they just repaint them with the Fleur de Lis? Will they just leave them?

How long do you think the controversy thread will be if they change the trucks? :rock:

Stef

*edited for my inability to remember what day is what*

What I'd like to see them do is put the guard in the same - if not maybe an offsetting UNIFORM!. Now that would be retro, and really really cool in my opinion!

What I'd like to see them do is put the guard in the same - if not maybe an offsetting UNIFORM!. Now that would be retro, and really really cool in my opinion!

I actually agree with you on that.. I think it would be cool.. but after hearing the show yesterday, I'm not sure it would be appropriate.

I will go on record right now that I REALLY liked Uninvited.. and I was really super excited to hear they were going to be doing the Faure' -- not just the Agnus Dei, but also the Pie Jesu -- two vocal pieces with which I'm very familiar and VERY fond.. but I was a little let down by the Faure section. I wanted to hear more of the Pie Jesu (that's just my personal desire.. I will not discount the piece or the show as Matt Gregg clearly stated, they started this year with a visual program design concept and built the show from there.. I'll let the proof of that pudding be in the eating)..

and I only have one tiny little critique.. not even a critique, really, but a suggestion as I thought ALL the soloists were really good.

To the young man who played the Pie Jesu .. you have a wonderful tone, but you played it very much like it was an exercise. Each note seemed disconnected and I promise you, as a vocalist who has sung it many times, they aren't.

I recommend (STRONGLY recommend) finding and listening to a vocal recording of this portion of Faure's "Mass-terpiece" -- I know it is a simple melody but it is so stirring when you hear it in context -- hearing the text will help that -- and you will absolutely have the audience on their knees with that little 20 or 30 seconds of beautiful tone. It's VERY fluid and often the phrase (until the repeat) is sung in one or two breaths.. I don't recommend you do THAT.. but I think you could benefit from hearing that phrase sung.. because IMO you should "sing it" through your horn.

Yours could be "the moment" of the year this year.. get what you can out of it.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

No.

Just...no.

Cookie-cutter tops, stupid gradients, and thefleur-de-lis doesn't help.

Just no.

Man, everybody IS going to look the same in ten years.

My husband reacted the same way as you.

My husband reacted the same way as you.

I laughed at his post, to be honest.

but. whatever. I guess DCP is allowed to have opinions, I just think it's silly the way people say that all corps look the same.

~>conner

I laughed at his post, to be honest.

but. whatever. I guess DCP is allowed to have opinions, I just think it's silly the way people say that all corps look the same.

~>conner

He hasn't posted, but I did....I'm glad people are still allowed to have opinions on here though.

I wasn't talking about your husband's, I was talking about Tommytimp's post.

~>conner

I wasn't talking about your husband's, I was talking about Tommytimp's post.

~>conner

Oh okay then. :rock:

OK - i know the Scouts staff will probably use what they showed at open house, but how cool would it be

if they tweaked it to look like this......please excuse my less than perfect photoshop work. :)

479257162_ee2f5f2e1b.jpg

Edited by madalumni