Madison Scouts - Going Green?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is its is diferent than the have worn before and better then

what they had last few years. It is a sharp look for them.

OK! The only response that comes anywhere close to answering my question! Thank you!

jeff are you flying in to catch open house? it would be money well spent/ we have screamers in that sop line

Hey Jason - I wish I could, but they won't give me the time off. :(

I will definately be there for Drums on Parade though! :)

I would really like to see the whole corps use the uniform that Steve Smith wore in 2006. Liked it! I am glad I got to march in the 06 unis though.

Was Steve the DM? If so I agree.

Considering the chain of events over the past year or so, the MSARP and the reception we got at Semis, the hiring of Spanos, the addition of some MSARP members to the MDBCA board, the changeover of arrangers to John Georgeson, the repertoire,... all of it leans towards a return to an old school look. If nothing else it would be fun to see, although the Scouts unis in 06 grew on me considerably.

Was Steve the DM? If so I agree.

Considering the chain of events over the past year or so, the MSARP and the reception we got at Semis, the hiring of Spanos, the addition of some MSARP members to the MDBCA board, the changeover of arrangers to John Georgeson, the repertoire,... all of it leans towards a return to an old school look. If nothing else it would be fun to see, although the Scouts unis in 06 grew on me considerably.

I agree...the '06 uni was a cool change and certainly (IMO) better than what they had worn since '02. Obviously I'm a huge fan of the "Superman Suit", however, a version of the MSARP uni would be incredibly classy while bringing some history into the new era of drum corps. I love little hints of historical homage...like picking out the obscure strain of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in a Cavalier show...things like that.

...and I also wanted to get my 600th post. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Well - I had to dig but here it is.... I'm sure I'm not spoiling anything since the scouts themselves showed off this uniform last weekend. I personally like it.

NewScoutsUni.jpg

No.

Just...no.

Cookie-cutter tops, stupid gradients, and thefleur-de-lis doesn't help.

Just no.

Man, everybody IS going to look the same in ten years.