Phantom 2006 music

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, you sure zinged me

By the way, your profile says you're marching Blue Knights this year....yet you have a Cavaliers flag in your avatar. Classy.

Hahaha. But now he took it down so its all better!

Rumor is he "made" cavies, but hes marching bk instead ...

:worthy:

Edited by brassdrumguard

You think the music from 2005 was BAD?

I guess I'm alone in this, but I really didn't like Phantom in 06 at all, I much preferred 03-05, sorry if that bursts anyone's bubble.

We don't agree on most topics but this one is an exception. 2005 Phantom Regiment was a very musical show that showcased GREAT talent and solid arrangments. Phantom definitely added a few trademarks to make it their own. The musical choices Phantom showcased in 2006 were a let down to me. Too much dissonance that made them sound a lot like many other corps over the last several years. I did appreciate their talent and aggression but the music was to typical.

We don't agree on most topics but this one is an exception. 2005 Phantom Regiment was a very musical show that showcased GREAT talent and solid arrangments. Phantom definitely added a few trademarks to make it their own. The musical choices Phantom showcased in 2006 were a let down to me. Too much dissonance that made them sound a lot like many other corps over the last several years. I did appreciate their talent and aggression but the music was to typical.

Phantom's show had too much dissonance? Maybe dissonance just doesn't exist in my mind anymore, but I don't recall any of that. The show just didn't work for me, and the Faust theme was a bit much at times. I was actually surprised they beat BD. I wouldn't exactly call the Faust show typical, not by any means, I just didn't like it. There really isn't much to it than that. I could go further into it, but it's too late for that nonsense.

So when you take part in one corps, you're not allowed to like any others?

Dude....take down the gloves once in a while, not everyone is trying to attack you.....

You can like them, sure; actively advertising support for them over your own corps though... pathetic.

You can like them, sure; actively advertising support for them over your own corps though... pathetic.

Thank you! Not to mention bando.

I'm pretty sure I'd get dirty looks if I wore another corps merchandise to one of my corps' camps. It's tacky and disrespectful. ####, how can you NOT have complete and utter pride in the corps that you march in? But, I digress.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

But, I digress.

I'd say! How does any of THAT have anything to do with 2006 PR? Speaking of which, I totally dug the Ave Maria ... except for the ending where the typical PR wall of sound never came to fruition (ala Fire of Eternal Glory type POWER). But it was pretty other than the balance issues.

In response to the unprovoked and uncalled for attacks on me, I have this in in my defense:

1: I posted my avatar long before I started attending a different corps camps. Why did I put it up? To celebrate The Cavalier's 2006 season. Why is it still up? Honestly, just because I haven't taken the time to change it. As to advertising them over another, unintentional. Again, avatar old/membership new. And I won't be advertising over anyone, since I will not be advertising anything.

2: I don't believe I have said ANYTHING to deserve such an aggressive attack. What have I said or done to deserve such words and accusations? My replies on this thread were never meant to "zing" anyone, and I've replied to the accusation that I was trying to.

3: I would never disrespect, shun, or give a lesser priority to the group that has chosen to give me a home for the summer. And my opinions, of other shows, politics, whatever, do not ever reflect the opinions of said group.

There, done. Go on, pick at it. Quote and throw back your clever insults. I didn't deserve them before, why should I expect them to stop now.

Weren't you just telling einstein to put down the gloves?!?

:beer:

Edited by brassdrumguard