Hypocrits

I am not trying to start a fight, but I just wanted to show this video from the US Army web site. It is of the Old Guard fife and Drum corps, it is NOT a bootleg, it is off their site. The corps is towards the end of the video but it gives you and idea of what the Cadets would sound like today if they did not change there instrumentation. In fact, I believe they wouldn't of even had one valve, and yes this corps plays on Bb BUGLES with one valve. I just think people should think twice before they knock drum corps for not being what it was when they were marching. I am sure I have ranted about this before but here is a legal video from the pentagon channel, the corps normally has 60 members, I think it breaks into something like 3 bass, 7 snares, 25 Bugles, 25 fifes?

This should be ok even though it is from youtube because it was a podcast done by the pentagon, so it is public domain. Its a sham its not the best video. If its not ok, yall know what to do. Edited by CornoBehnke

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I actually heard fifes and bugles playing together, pretty neat...

Some change can be good..... and that's all I'm saying ^0^

Not bad, not bad at all...

I am not trying to start a fight, but I just wanted to show this video from the US Army web site. It is of the Old Guard fife and Drum corps, it is NOT a bootleg, it is off their site. The corps is towards the end of the video but it gives you and idea of what the Cadets would sound like today if they did not change there instrumentation. In fact, I believe they wouldn't of even had one valve, and yes this corps plays on Bb BUGLES with one valve. I just think people should think twice before they knock drum corps for not being what it was when they were marching. I am sure I have ranted about this before but here is a legal video from the pentagon channel, the corps normally has 60 members, I think it breaks into something like 3 bass, 7 snares, 25 Bugles, 25 fifes?
This should be ok even though it is from youtube because it was a podcast done by the pentagon, so it is public domain. Its a sham its not the best video. If its not ok, yall know what to do.

Well, you say you don't want to start a fight, but you lump everyone who has opposed any change into an all inclusive group of people who must oppose each and every change ever made. That is simply not the case and I don't appreciate being wrongly accused of doing so. <**> :beer: <**>

If you didn't want to start a fight why title your thread "Hypocrits"?

Using your won logic, people who do not care for many attributes of modern drum corps must not like ANY change at all, ever. That's just stupid. We used to have to stand at attention while judges inspected our uniforms. That was abolished and that change was good. I could give you many more examples of good change in drum corps.

However, the change of having males prance around in spandex while twirling rifles/flags, the desire for woodwinds, loss of military bearing, Pits the size of small towns, amps, etc., are examples of very bad change.

That being said, I feel the current marching members of Drum Corps should set the rules of what they want to do since they're the ones putting in all the work. It's their activity now. That doesn't mean I have to like it, and I don't, that's why I haven't attended a show in years and only watch the top 2 or 3 corps on the ESPN2 replays – If I happen to catch it.