virginia tech

Drum corps fan,

I will respond to your other post in response to mine, because you have given me much to think about. You make some very valid points about responsibility to society in effecting other children's education. I also respect your opinion as a professional in the education field. Parents rights and how they are affected within the public school system is a very hot issue for me, and I am very interested on an intelligent opinion from the inside.

However...it is late, and I need my rest for I am recovering from some recent health problems. So I will respond tomorrow.

Sorry about your health problems.

I have to ask though, how do you know I'm not a professional educator? Or a child psychologist?

Because I haven't posted it here?

I agree with Glenn Beck on two things.

Parental responsibility has gone out the window. The boomers are pretty lousy parents.

And I'll keep the other one to myself.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask though, how do you know I'm not a professional educator? Or a child psychologist?

Parental responsibility has gone out the window. The boomers are pretty lousy parents.

Please read more carefully. That post was addressed to Drum corps fan, who mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that he is a counselor.

Glenn Beck is a moron who probably couldn't spell original thought much less have one.

I'm a boomer and a very responsible parent of two wonderful kids.

Feel free to keep anything and everything you want "to yourself"

Back to Virginia Tech...

Did anyone see a lot of people wearing something orange and/or maroon yesterday (Hokie Hope Day)? I don't know what it was like on my college campus (didn't have class), but I was surprised to see no one dressed in Hokie colors while I was out and about.

Our whole region was decked out in Orange and maroon on Friday.It was insane.Everybody at my school(excluding the stoners and rebels) were wearing orange or maroon.It was quite neat to see the sea of colors.

I just learned that one of the victims was in a winter guard at a high school that one of my friends taught. She worked with her for three years. I also judged that guard.......so sad.

Edited by Malibu

Please read more carefully. That post was addressed to Drum corps fan, who mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that he is a counselor.

Glenn Beck is a moron who probably couldn't spell original thought much less have one.

I'm a boomer and a very responsible parent of two wonderful kids.

Feel free to keep anything and everything you want "to yourself"

Watch the personal attacks, I don't want to see you cut off by the mods before we get to continue our conversation. I'm a boomer too and I think I am a pretty darn good parent. I have two kids whom many note their good behavior at school and in the community. I do not have to discipline them much because they know where my limits are and that there are consequences for crossing them.

I also know plenty of other boomers who do make fine parents. I know plenty who don't. So Lucy, while I agree with many things you say, be careful about blanket statements.

Watch the personal attacks, I don't want to see you cut off by the mods before we get to continue our conversation. I'm a boomer too and I think I am a pretty darn good parent. I have two kids whom many note their good behavior at school and in the community. I do not have to discipline them much because they know where my limits are and that there are consequences for crossing them.

I also know plenty of other boomers who do make fine parents. I know plenty who don't. So Lucy, while I agree with many things you say, be careful about blanket statements.

I'm a boomer too. And a parent.

and are you going to Madison's Open house next week, David? My kid's in one of those drum corps. And he surprisingly isn't a big mess up either. Heh.

I am going. See ya.

Edited by Lucy65

I'm a boomer too. And a parent.

and are you going to Madison's Open house next week, David? My kid's in one of those drum corps. And he surprisingly isn't a big mess up either. Heh.

I am going. See ya.

Probably won't be able to make it as my daughter has a bit part in a local play which has it's brunch show on Sunday. :(

I have to ask. Are you a professional educator? Or a child psychologist? I'm guessing not. :)

I saw a Virginia Tech banner hanging between two different townhomes on my way home from work today. I didn't see much maroon/orange on Friday, but there's still some support down here :)