WGI Finals

Wondering how corps percussion did... I wasn't able to follow all the prelims. I know there's a BK line and I think there was a Revolution line.

I was following Groove Pursuit, which made finals for the second year in a row. It has members from PR, Colts, and Pioneer. Their show is from the soundtrack of The Italian Job, and I think will be on first in the PIO finals at 12:15.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering how corps percussion did... I wasn't able to follow all the prelims. I know there's a BK line and I think there was a Revolution line.

I was following Groove Pursuit, which made finals for the second year in a row. It has members from PR, Colts, and Pioneer. Their show is from the soundtrack of The Italian Job, and I think will be on first in the PIO finals at 12:15.

VK and Impulse both have lines as well(edit: Can't find VK's "Full Force" Percussion on the scores list, perhaps they didn't go to Championships this year)

Pioneer apparently has a Winter-Line that got 1st Place at Prelims in class Independant A. Great Job!

1 Pioneer Indoor 91.80

Here's the latest from Ind. World

1 Music City Mystique 95.35

2 Riverside Community College 94.90

3 Blue Knights 93.25

4 North Coast Academy 92.70

5 Matrix 90.45

6 Rhythm X 90.35

7 Pulse Percussion 89.40

8 Freelancers 89.30

9 Odyssey Percussion Theatre 84.90

10 Eastside Fury Perc 84.40

10 Great Lakes Percussion 84.40

12 Indianapolis Indep. Perc. Ensemble 82.10

13 Gateway World 82.05

14 Infinity 81.90

15 Arizona State University Winter Drumline 81.65

16 Constitution 79.20

17 Black Knights 78.20

18 Surround Sound

I'm pretty sure MCityM gets some members from Cavaliers, and Riverside gets some from Blue Devils. Blue Knights represented well again. Impulse's "Pulse Percussion" and Freelancers rounded up 7 and 8.

Couldn't find any "Revolution" drumlines...maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Off the very basic knowledge of WGI that's all I got.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

VK and Impulse both have lines as well(edit: Can't find VK's "Full Force" Percussion on the scores list, perhaps they didn't go to Championships this year)

Pioneer apparently has a Winter-Line that got 1st Place at Prelims in class Independant A. Great Job!

1 Pioneer Indoor 91.80

<snip>

Couldn't find any "Revolution" drumlines...maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Kudos to all! Definitely to Pioneer Indoor. They need to move up to open class so they can be Pio in PIO. :P

There was a Revolution line--which I assumed was associated with Revolution drum corps--at the Denver Regional, but they don't appear to be anywhere on the schedule at Dayton.

Edited by sdstar

yeah BK!

The pit arranger for Crown this year is also the pit arranger for Rhythm X. I also believe another staff member from RX is on perc. staff at Crown as well. Not sure about actual members though.

I heard they(RX) did a Justin Timberlake show

...yea

UPDATE: Pioneer's Indoor line wins Independent A Finals

Independent Marching A

1 Pioneer Indoor 93.90

2 Impact Audio Theater 91.85

3 Huron Valley Percussion 91.80

4 Imperial Percussion 89.30

5 Breach Of Silence 87.85

6 Spirit of America Perc. Ensemble 86.05

Edit Again:

Interesting, according to this, Pioneer's Indoor line is actually based in Chicago.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

NorthCoast Academy (PIW) is the only active group from the organization that used to be Northern Aurora and before it the Saginaires. They have members from different corps amongst them.