Who should or will get promoted?

Ah, but did they do it better than Chimeras? I think that was the point of that post.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but did they do it better than Chimeras? I think that was the point of that post.

I don't think anyone can top Chimeras' version of that song... So, again, as stated several times... Norwin should be given credit for what THEY did and not what people thought they should have done because Chimeras did it this way or that way....

EDIT: nevermind.

Edited by Musical_Spinner

So would the same apply to the same song done by a different artist? What about a different version? A remix?

So would the same apply to the same song done by a different artist? What about a different version? A remix?

I don't know; I wasn't trying to start anything. Maybe it's just me, but when I am listening to music and picking a show, I have an off-limits list of things that have been done too well to do again.

Maybe it's just me, but when I am listening to music and picking a show, I have an off-limits list of things that have been done too well to do again.

I'm the same way. Plus, with the millions of different songs out there, I'm always surprised when a director knowingly chooses a piece that's been done before. (and sometimes before, and before, etc...)

I don't know; I wasn't trying to start anything. Maybe it's just me, but when I am listening to music and picking a show, I have an off-limits list of things that have been done too well to do again.

No, no....I wasn't trying to start anything either. Usually the point of my posts is to get people to think outside the box, and get the creative juices flowing.

There are many, many ways to present a piece of music, even one that has been done before (even several times), to me as a designer the challenge come in making it unique in presentation.

One thing that really impresses me with the designers at Pride is whoever they use to mix the music is genius. Just look at their "Stand Up" show...the music was "Rhapsody in Blue" which had been done 100 times before, but their use of it in that different context is what made it fresh and exciting.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the same thing! I actually had a hard time enjoying it because it was such a blatant rip-off of Center Grove. The floor, the costumes, the set, the concept. They were really good, though, and it was a neat idea. It was just a shame someone else had the idea first.

They bought the uniforms from Center Grove and I think they made a new floor. The props were different. There was a big tiff about this on the BOA Forums. They have the same designer or something like that.

This is who I think should be promoted:

IA to IO

Rhapsody WG

The Cast

Rhapsody IND

University of Alabama Alta Marea

Acadamy

Sitao

IO to IW

Code Black

Zydeco Colorguard

Fahrenheit

Independence Open

Ventures

Black Gold

Emanon

SA to SO

Taravella HS

Americas HS

Lake Park HS

Maconaquah HS

West Orange HS

Marcus HS

Oak Ridge HS

Cooper City HS

Naples HS

SO to SW

Carmel HS

Warren Central HS

Seminole HS

Plymouth-Canton HS

Rancho Cucamonga HS

Marian Catholic HS

West Johnston HS

Chino HS

Norwin HS

Northmont HS

Edited by Guardboy345

I wonder how much emphasis is placed on the staff for promotion. They say when you are bumped, that you can compete in world class with your current staff, but isn't it hard to tell what the staff actually knows unless you talk with them?

Not to sound rude, but how many times have you seen IO guards who get bumped to Open and have a world class calibur design that next year that can really compete.

It's really a disadvantage for the well trained performers, half the battle is to be able to trust your staff to give you a show that really works in your class.

::hops off soap box::