Best Sounding Brass Line!

CroWnSoPrAnO

Best Sounding Brass Line  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you feel has the best sounding brass line?

• The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Coats
    • The Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Knights
    • Carolina Crown
    • Madison Scouts
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit From JSU

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally, The Cadets have had a VERY consistent sound over the years. That brass line in Allentown is brilliant, Gino is a genius, and a godsend. However, I voted based on 2007...and that would go to Crown...I have never heard a corps produce THAT kid of a sound on a field before...simply amazing :tongue::worthy::cool::sad::doh: , I cant wait to hear what they put out in the next couple of years.

Me too Mello. Heard alot about the line but didn't get to see them. Maybe '08?

Star of Indiana 1991

Blue Devils 1991

It really depends on the time frame you're considering. But historically BD, Vanguard, Phantom, and Star have had good hornlines. Personally I have always liked Vanguard and Phantom since they have tended towards a greater presence in the lower voices. But there's many good hornlines out there, some of which don't get to do finals. And some of which don't do the DCA or DCI thing.

SCV?

I take it these are the years when the hornline wasn't known as Screaming Chicken Vanguard?

SCV?

I take it these are the years when the hornline wasn't known as Screaming Chicken Vanguard?

NIce :tongue:

SCV?

I suppose so. When they went Yamaha, they didn't have the option of going all Euphs. Back in the late 80's / early 90's, it seemed like the high brass gravitated towards BD. And the low brass gravitated toward SCV. Since they were both top six corps within an hour or two of each other.