Anyone else have this happen at the countdown?

Went to Butler Pa. to watch this year's countdown. b**bs

Sound was horrible to start. Several people went to the manager and complained, but nothing happened. :silly:

Then in the middle of the '94 Blue Devils show, the screen went blank. <**> Several "windows" login screens appeared, it rebooted and the show resumed after maybe 5 minutes. The only positive thing being the quality of sound was much improved.

The manager told us during the interruption that is was a scheduled break, to wich one patron replied, "In the middle of a show?".

I also noted the the attendence was way down. We usually have around 100 show up. Considering the nearest theater in Pittsburgh that usually runs it, was not showing it this time, I figured it may sell out. We had at best, 40.

:laugh:

On a side note, a group of women moved over behind us after the second show complaining of the talking going on behind them during the shows. Then they proceeded to talk throughout the rest of the shows themselves, go figure.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manager told us during the interruption that is was a scheduled break, to wich one patron replied, "In the middle of a show?"

I really hate when management anywhere tries to pull this out as an excuse. There is no way DCI had a scheduled break in the middle of a show. If the theater had an event with their system scheduled to happen in the middle of this, they should just own up to it. If they had a problem they were trying to fix right in the middle of a show, they should also own up to that. Where the hell has personal responsibility and customer service gone these days? Plus, he should've come in with an apology and freebie offers for the concession stand trying to make up for it. People pay too much for something like this to have some goofball manager try to lie to them like that.

Did anybody hold his feet to the fire?

No problems at all with the Blue Devils' show at the theater in Maryland where we watched the show.

The volume was very low at the beginning of the cinecast..... but then it got cranked up. I think someone might have advised the manager to turn up the sound!

Fran

Hey Fran

Which Maryland theater were you at. We did not have any problems with pictures but the volume was to low even when Steve and Michael were talking. Like I said in another post I have been to see a movie and the sound rocked me out of the seat. I want my drum corps loud just like seeing it live.

I was at the Columbia theater.

Edited by beagus

Went to Butler Pa. to watch this year's countdown. b**bs

Sound was horrible to start. Several people went to the manager and complained, but nothing happened. :silly:

Then in the middle of the '94 Blue Devils show, the screen went blank. <**> Several "windows" login screens appeared, it rebooted and the show resumed after maybe 5 minutes. The only positive thing being the quality of sound was much improved.

The manager told us during the interruption that is was a scheduled break, to wich one patron replied, "In the middle of a show?".

I also noted the the attendence was way down. We usually have around 100 show up. Considering the nearest theater in Pittsburgh that usually runs it, was not showing it this time, I figured it may sell out. We had at best, 40.

:laugh:

On a side note, a group of women moved over behind us after the second show complaining of the talking going on behind them during the shows. Then they proceeded to talk throughout the rest of the shows themselves, go figure.

If you're seeing the Windows startup screen, that sure ain't DCI's doing, that's the computer running the digital projector.

The manager's an idiot.

No problems in Laredo, Texas.

We were fine in San Jose. The volume was low until we got them to turn it up!