Madison Scouts Open House 4/29

Open House was AWESOME!!! I was there today at 9:00 until it was over. I watched the drumline in the morning, as I have the other two camps I was at. The line was still 9,4,5 and 10 in the pit. My brother counted 65 horns, and I think a few were missing or had to leave early. The show is really starting to sound good. It was hard to hear everything beacause it was in a gym, but I really like what I've heard so far. The closer, Tango, is really good. I hadn't heard it with drums yet and they hadn't posted the audio of that song. There are two good trumpet soloists in the closer, and a good bari solo in Requiem. Afterwards, they did unveil the new uniform, but we left before that happened. Hopefully someone will post a picture of it. I can't wait to see what the drill looks like. http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/MJ...um/IMG_1267.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/MJ...um/IMG_1258.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are a little fuzzy - I was kind of far away

Edited by MJN

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there too. I actually got to see the new uniform. I'm not sure if we're supposed to talk about it. I'll try to put together something in a few minutes.

I don't think there is a problem talking about it. Jeff didn't say anything about keeping it quiet. Did you like it??

I don't think there is a problem talking about it. Jeff didn't say anything about keeping it quiet. Did you like it??

Okay, I'm writing the review right now. :)

Besides the show music that was played, Jeff also said that there would be about a minute of Univited to close the show.

I counted 20 trumpets, 16 mellos, 17 Bari's, and 11 Contras. Some had to lead sops had to leave before the show.

I'm going to tell you what my friends say when we talk about encounters with hot girls... pics or it didn't happen :ph34r:

Out of respect, I didn't take a pic out of respect for the corps. They didn't want audio or video to come out, as they're going to sell that stuff on their site, so I figured it was better for me to not take any pictures of the new uniform either. It's called respect, and I would do it for any corps that I saw pre season.

I can tell you that the bottom half of the uniform is like last year. The hat is the same as last year. The jacket is the big story. I'm 3/4 done writing the review, so I'll try to describe it as best I remember and point you to the Stansburysite so you can see the style of the jacet... The DM didn't come out with the new uniform on until many of the people had gone and cake and cookies were handed out. I didn't see anyone taking pictures.

Sorry if you're looking for a picture, I'm not going to put one up. :blink:

Don't forget to mention Capital Sound. I wish I could have gone up there but grad school is more important, for the next few weeks anyways.

I don't know why pictures would be a problem. Jeff only mentioned video, and he said that was ok, if not shared with the public.

A member of the corp had his own mic, and mini disc recorder set up, and no one else mentioned anything about audio, that I heard.

I doubt they would have showed the uniform if it was top secret.

Edited by acn