Madison Scouts Open House 4/29

Actually, he was referring to the 2007 Tour shirt. :)

Oh, well that T-shirt is sweet. It's an instant classic! Probably the best shirt I've seen in years. Something that will throw off Led Zeppelin fans around the world! It would be a great conversation piece. I want that T-Shirt, and so should everybody!

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chickenhawk is still around? SWEET! Is he going to be driving at all this year?

Yes, I'm not sure about the driving though, should he not be? or is he a great driver??

Oh, well that shirts is sweet. It's a classic! Probably the best shirt I've seen in years. Something that will throw off Led Zepplin fans around the world! It would be a great conversation piece. I want that T-Shirt, and so should everybody!

That is great to hear. Thank you. :D

We didn't know how it would be recieved, and it sounds like

it was recieved very well overall!

Well Matthew - I may repost it here tomorrow after I talk with Jeff Spanos.

If I get his permission you'll get to see it again. Otherwise, it will be available

when the season starts. :)

Jeff, I hope you're able to get his permission. I was refering to the uniform though, not the tour shirt. I saw the shirt and thought it was great. The display of it was on a white t-shirt, but I heard one of the souvie guys saying that it may also be in black. Did you help design the shirt/ uni?? You are one talented dude

Edited by MJN

Thank you very much jjeffeory for posting that review.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it's great to hear details about

the staff's approach to programming. :)

You're welcome. I'm really glad that I was able to see them so early this year. I really want this group to be elite again, where they should be.

I'm getting old, well in 10 years or so I'll be getting old! LOL I enjoy hearing about those aspects of shows. I really appreciated the openess of the current staff. It would be cool if all DC staffs would talk about their approach to programming each year. That would give us a lot to talk about on here! :P

I really wanted to post something positive one here about the Scouts as so many people are worried that they would be having great problems, and many people have stated that they were having problems. Well, at least that's what I've read into the posts on here.... At any rate, I'm not worried about them anymore. I've seen enough corps in the past, in April, to know that they should be just fine...

Jeff, I hope you're able to get his permission. I was refering to the uniform though, not the tour shirt. I saw the shirt and thought it was great. The display of it was on a white t-shirt, but I heard one of the souvie guys saying that it may also be in black.

Cool. I hope it's black. That says Rock and Roll to me. I guess

white would be o.k. too.

Cool. I hope it's black. That says Rock and Roll to me. I guess

white would be o.k. too.

Black would look great. Maybe they should have a mixture of differnt color tshirts? White, Black, Grey? Maybe Yellow? The image of the album cover is black & white, so many colors would complement it. I was serious about the yellow color.... That might set it off in a favorable light...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:LedZepp...nalbumcover.jpg

Picture the above on a tshirt, surrounded by various colors. What colors would look best surrounding it?

Edited by jjeffeory

That is great to hear. Thank you. :D

We didn't know how it would be recieved, and it sounds like

it was recieved very well overall!

Jeff, did you help design the t-shirt/uni??? The shirt is great

Jeff, did you help design the t-shirt/uni??? The shirt is great

I'm designing the shirt (althought the concept came from Scott Pearson and Jeff Spanos)...and another 2 that are in developement. I had nothing to do with the uniform. They probably used someone from Stanbury for that.

But back to the shirt designing. One of the ideas is for me to do a painting, maybe

similar to this one I did back in 95...(which now hangs on Jeff Spanos' wall :))

204770953_7c6e6294a8_m.jpg

So it may be another drumline shot, hornline, or a mixed shot of all sections.

If it does well on a shirt, we may reproduce it as a fine art print.

I'm just happy to be able to contribute my talents to the Corps. It is such an honor!

Edited by madalumni

OH, they also had the tour shirt for 07 on display. It looks like the cover of the Zeppelin album with the smoke and fire in the shape of a fleur de lis. A lot of the members loved it - I thought it was cool too

Awesome! Sounds like the shirt I'm gonna be getting! I can't WAIT to see this show!