Madison Scouts Open House 4/29

Chickenhawk is still around? SWEET! Is he going to be driving at all this year?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also worthy of mention was Capital Sound’s collection drive for the tornado victims in Enterprise, AL. It seems that many students at Enterprise HS were touched enough to make Capital Sound their home for 2007! 9 people from the high school are marching in the group this year. Onto the show….

I was also at the open house and want to expand on this a bit. Contributions for this collection came from Capital Sound, the Madison Scouts and the Blue Stars. Just want to make sure all three organizations were recognized for their selflessness. Kudoes to all three!

Bobby Bonslater. Marched East Coast in 05 and 06. Really cool, really funny guy. Glad to see him getting a solo in the "big leagues." He also posts on here occasionally.

Cool - He sounds great

PM me if you know his email and I could send him the picture

BTW,

I hope you all enjoy the review. I wanted to mention how much I appreciated getting an early view of these corps.

It occurred to me that the Scouts have really tried to find relevant music that everyone will enjoy with Unforgiven and Kashmir. Most people have heard these two tunes on the radio for years and both songs are still popular on the radio.

Here's a glimpse. It isn't quite finished yet. I will be talking to Jeff tommorrow about

any final adjustments, but here's the basic look....

Oops...Sorry, I realized since it isn't done completely, the staff may not want me to

post it yet. :( But you will all see it soon enough when tour starts. :)

:( :( - I wish I would have just waited around a little longer so I could have seen it for myself

:( :( - I wish I would have just waited around a little longer so I could have seen it for myself

Well Matthew - I may repost it here tomorrow after I talk with Jeff Spanos.

If I get his permission you'll get to see it again. Otherwise, it will be available

when the season starts. :)

Edited by madalumni

This jacket is something that people are going to have to see in person to decide if they like or not. The different green stripes are going to throw a lot of people. One of the people I went with thought one of the stripes was yellow, but I think it was lime-green... It may have been yellowish green, I dunno. How are people are going to react to this uniform? Not sure... I wasn't hoping for anything specific, but I wasn't expecting the stripes on the jacket. It doesn't seem to fit for me. The little tail on the front side of the jacket is fine, the dark green is fine, the white is fine, but the multi green stripe thingy is :ph34r:

**edited for a little more clairty.

Edited by jjeffeory

Thank you very much jjeffeory for posting that review.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it's great to hear details about

the staff's approach to programming. :)

- I wish I would have just waited around a little longer so I could have seen it for myself
This jacket is something that people are going to have to see in person to decide if they like or not. The different green stripes are going to throw a lot of people. One of the people I went with thought one of the stripes was yellow, but I think it was lime-green... It was may have been yellowish green, I dunno. How people are going to react? Not sure... I wasn't hoping for anything specific, but I wasn't expecting the stripes on the jacket. It doesn't seem to fit for me. The little tail on the front side of the jacket is fine, the dark green is fine, the white is fine, but the multi green stripe thingy is :ph34r:

**edited for a little more clairty.

Actually, he was referring to the 2007 Tour shirt. :)