Madison Scouts Open House 4/29

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to mention Capital Sound. I wish I could have gone up there but grad school is more important, for the next few weeks anyways.

Yes, Cap. Sound was there too. They played parts of their show, and also played a few combined drum warmups with the Scouts, and combined May You Never Walk Alone with Scouts hornline. It was cool to see. Their drumline had 7 snares, 4 tenors, 5 bds and 5 in the pit (I think). Only 13 horns

I don't know why pictures would be a problem. Jeff only mentioned video, and he said that was ok, if not shared with the public.

A member of the corp had his own mic, and mini disc recorder set up, and no one else mentioned anything about audio, that I heard.

I doubt they would have showed the uniform if it was top secret.

I've seen a sketch of the uni, but it would be great to see an actual photo! :)

I was there today as well. A great time was had by all. I had to leave before the uniform was unveiled. I wound up in the bleachers near the corps. i have to say after talking with a couple of the members. they are a outstanding group of young men.

i was also thinking I can't ever remember being that young.

Best of luck this summer to the capital sound and the madison scouts. :ph34r:

I've seen a sketch of the uni, but it would be great to see an actual photo! :)

Yeah, we left before it came out. I'm sure one will turn up.

It was very exciting to watch the horn line. The first trumpet soloist, (the one on the left, in the picture), plays third I think, and may be a rookie. I heard several staff tell him how good he sounded. Nothing really high, just a HUGE, FULL sound.

Some nice double tonguing in the upper brass, and several fast exposed lines. It did sound a tad muddy, but it's early and indoors.

I also watched the hornline warm up in another gym, and the staff was demanding, articulate in how they wanted things done, and let the guys know what was expected of them. Very encouraging, positive staff.

I'm not going to sound like many other fans, and say how much better they are than this point last year, or predict where they'll finish. But I will say that I was excited beforehand, and more excited now. There's a very positive feeling coming from the corp. The are young, and a LOT of first year members, but they have a great staff - IMO, and are educating these kids, as well as putting a drum corp show on the field. I hope the Scouts have a great year.

Edited by acn

Yeah, we left before it came out. I'm sure one will turn up.

It was very exciting to watch the horn line. The first trumpet soloist, (the one on the left, in the picture), plays third I think, and may be a rookie. I heard several staff tell him how good he sounded. Nothing really high, just a HUGE, FULL sound.

Some nice double tonguing in the upper brass, and several fast exposed lines. It did sound a tad muddy, but it's early and indoors.

I also watched the hornline warm up in another gym, and the staff was demanding, articulate in how they wanted things done, and let the guys know what was expected of them. Very encouraging, positive staff.

I'm not going to sound like many other fans, and say how much better they are than this point last year, or predict where they'll finish. But I will say that I was excited beforehand, and more excited now. There's a very positive feeling coming from the corp. The are young, and a LOT of first year members, but they have a great staff - IMO, and are educating these kids, as well as putting a drum corp show on the field. I hope the Scouts have a great year.

Well said w/Stp: (stupid and my brother) :ph34r:

OH, they also had the tour shirt for 07 on display. It looks like the cover of the Zeppelin album with the smoke and fire in the shape of a fleur de lis. A lot of the members loved it - I thought it was cool too

OH, they also had the tour shirt for 07 on display. It looks like the cover of the Zeppelin album with the smoke and fire in the shape of a fleur de lis. A lot of the members loved it - I thought it was cool too

Thank you. :)

You mean like the cover of Led Zeppelin's first album?

Yes