Madison Scouts Open House 4/29

The hat is the same as last year...

The gauntlets are white. I'm not sure about trim details because I felt kind of strange staring this person up and down! LOL!

The shoes are black

The pants are the same dark green pants as last year. The big change is the jacket!

Oh, boy... I'm not sure I can describe this jacket effectively.

The back of the jacket is dark green, like the pants.

The front of the jacket is very different than anything I've seen them in from the past.

Okay, the jacket style appears to be a modified "Synergy" style. http://www.stanbury.com/popup_catalog_2006.asp?page=63

Of course, there are no buttons in the front, like the example. There are shoulder pads, shoulder wings, or whatever they're called these days... There are two MAJOR colors on the front of the jacket. The first being white, the second being the same dark green as the pants.

Bear with me. To figure out what I'm describing, picture yourself wearing the jacket. There is a diagonal line splitting the two MAJOR color areas of the front of the jacket.

So, if you're inside the jacket, the left side is white at the shoulder, dark green at bottom. The bottom of the left side of the jacket is horizontally aligned along the waist. The big, red, Fleur de Lis from last year is gone from the front of the whole jacket... Instead it much smaller and on the left chest. It's still red. The right side of the jacket is dark green at the top, dark green at the bottom, and has a little tail/tongue somewhat 'similar' in idea to what BD has had going down the front of their uniform. It's a little difficult to describe after seeing it only for a couple of minutes, bit I don't think it look too bad... The thing that is more difficult to describe follows.

There are a few more colors on the front of the uniform. There are two or three, or maybe four other greenish stripes going from the top right shoulder down to the lower left waist area of the jacket.

So the color scheme going from left to right, light to dark, along the diagonal are: white, lime-green, a darker green, maybe some more kinds of green ( I don't remember how many striped there were), dark green. After seeing all the different greens, I think I forgot the colors of the sleeves. I think the left sleeve is white and the right sleeve is dark green. Oh, I'm sure they will be using white gloves.

My only comment is that I guess I'll need to see 134 other people in this uniform, together. Maybe they look good from a distance. Also, maybe they could cover up the green stripes with a sash? The dark green is fine, the white is fine, but IMHO, the other greens are worrying. Okay, that's it.

There you have it! Hopefully someone else will post a picture, because I didn't take one. I'm trying to be careful here... Some of you will hate this uniform. Some will like it, I hope.

There's also a dark green script "M" on the right shoulder. B)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to miss the unis from this past year. I thought they were really really nice, and it just doesn't seem practical to get rid of them after one year.

~>conner

Madison has a new uniform sponsorship with Stanbury...thus the change, but the new uniform is very nice

Here I am!
As mentioned here already, you have a sweet sound. Nicely done. I know that soloists haven't been finalized yet, but you and Will sounded great on this duet Sunday.
As the Director of Capital Sound, I just wanted to add a couple of things here...
Marc, thanks for the info on the number of horns that were missing. Another 10 horns will make quite the difference, and you guys sounded pretty nice as is. Keep up the good work. I was impressed.

I am psyched for the season. Kashmir is going to be one of those perfect songs that appeal to both the audience and the judges. Another poster noted the seamless transition between Uninvited and Kashmir -- I echo that sentiment. And Tango rocks (and swings).

I was at rehearsal on Saturday too, and saw the new uniform up close. I was initially ambivalent, but it looks a lot better on Alex (the DM) than it does hanging on a hanger. It'll be interesting to see how it looks en masse. I woudn't worry about the front diagonal "striping". From a distance it is going to simply appear as a gradual lightening from very dark green to a lighter green (the lighter green is the color of the back of the jacket). There may even be tweaks yet before the design is final.

PS - The Zeppelin tour shirt with the subtle fleur-de-lis is an awesome idea. Nice job Jeff!

As mentioned here already, you have a sweet sound. Nicely done. I know that soloists haven't been finalized yet, but you and Will sounded great on this duet Sunday.

Marc, thanks for the info on the number of horns that were missing. Another 10 horns will make quite the difference, and you guys sounded pretty nice as is. Keep up the good work. I was impressed.

I am psyched for the season. Kashmir is going to be one of those perfect songs that appeal to both the audience and the judges. Another poster noted the seamless transition between Uninvited and Kashmir -- I echo that sentiment. And Tango rocks (and swings).

I was at rehearsal on Saturday too, and saw the new uniform up close. I was initially ambivalent, but it looks a lot better on Alex (the DM) than it does hanging on a hanger. It'll be interesting to see how it looks en masse. I woudn't worry about the front diagonal "striping". From a distance it is going to simply appear as a gradual lightening from very dark green to a lighter green (the lighter green is the color of the back of the jacket). There may even be tweaks yet before the design is final.

PS - The Zeppelin tour shirt with the subtle fleur-de-lis is an awesome idea. Nice job Jeff!

Did you by chance take a picture of it?

Edited by Jazzycat1

I guess I could describe the uniform... Seeing as I'm looking at a picture of it on-line...

Gauntlets are white- They have a satin red trim.

The Fleur de lis symbol is a dark red In the upper left corner of the jacket. It is half in the all-white section and half in the green section. The shoulders go out similar to the Cavaliers uniform, however it appears shorter.

Both sleeves are dark green.

The aussie looks the same as I remember it. White, it has a band around it that is silver with the similar red trim to the gauntlet.

The pants are the same.

The best way to descrive the green of the jacket is that it looks like a color gradient. It starts with two diagonal bands of Lime? green which start near the neck of the right shoulder and continue through some of the fleur de lis and are next to the white.

Then comes 3 bands of forest greenish color which start at the wing section of the right shoulder and continue diagonally along the same line below the lime green.

Below the arm, a slightly darker gradient of green continues diagonally like the rest. However, it looks in the picture that this one stops earlier than the rest, perhaps because the jacket is assymetrical at the bottom and not flat.

Below that band is another darker band, then it lookes like their is dark green to fill in the rest and match the pants.

The neck collar is also the same dark green as the sleeves and pants.

Couldn't see the back at all in the picture.

I guess I could describe the uniform... Seeing as I'm looking at a picture of it on-line...

:)

Edited by madalumni

The Flur is in the same spot as the SCV star, It's bright and looks good.

Edited by Cop

:(

not a big fan. maybe seeing the entire corps in it will help.