The Wildest RAMD/DCP Topic Ever?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...=77473&st=0

Craziest thread on DCP. It gets pretty absurd around page 4 or so when Jared and I hijacked it. Good stuff.

that was awesome, i seriously forgot about those posts. yesssssss.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was 96

It was 97.

It was 97.

I WUZ THERE!

The furor started when somebody suggested that Ms. Spears needed to "work on her abs".

Post some pictures and we'll decide for ourselves.

Post some pictures and we'll decide for ourselves.

seconded

I've not seen one picture on the internet of her in that uniform, but I'm sure there are people here who could do a video capture...boys?

There used to be a picture of Kristy Spears, on the podium from the side from the 1997 season. I remember she hated that uniform, but she would wear anything for the opportunity to coduct that corps. In 1998, they had two women as drum majors..adding Jenny Grice on the podium as well. I believe that was the last year they had women on the podium. They had a drastically different uniform in 98. Both years were in Florida for finals. Hot and humid for sure.

Kristy was DM between arguably two of the most dynamic conductors in recent history for the Regiment. First was Roderick Saunders, who conducted with her during Kristy's first season as DM. Seeing Roderick, in the all black uniform, was the push for the Regiment to go to an entire all black uniform for all members. Then, after Kristy left, a young man named Tommy Feagin took the podium for Regiment. He is continually compared to the greatest podium conductors in all of DCI.

Anyway, I remember quite the furor over that picture. If it was posted here, it would start all over again. Guaranteed.

Anyway, I remember quite the furor over that picture. If it was posted here, it would start all over again. Guaranteed.
And your point is . . . ? :rock: Edited by jthomas666

The topics continue to drift away into oblivion on DCP after a short time.

I remember the longest thread in the history of RAMD was the year PR put their DM in an almost painted on uniform. I know it as mid 90s, like 1996 perhaps. Talk about a Classic Countdown.

That beautiful and talented drum major was certainly worth talking about but I've only been talking on DCP /RAMD for a couple of years now and I can say the better info is here. RAMD is infested with idiots like Howdy (Mikey Schmidt) - a mental ex-Spirit and North star member who gives himself fake degrees about every six months and really needs new meds and a complete psychopath named Catherine Burr who thinks anyone who teaches drum corps is a child molestor. Lets not forget Col Jake, an ex VK member who looks like Capt Lou Albano, and is as annoying as anyone I've ever corresponded with.

What fun the internet provides us drum corps fans!

Edited by Jazzycat1