SCREAM-O-METER

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO 95 Madison when the final push at the end and the crowd is screaming so loud you could not even hear the corps. I followed them that season and every show they were at they bought the house down. I still get goosebumps listening to that show. If you listen to the CD from finals you can barely hear the music with the crowds roar.

Madison thanks for those memories.

Having been to Finals in person from 1980 - 2004 (missed the last two so far. . . ), and having seen/heard Drums Along The Rockies in 2005 - 2006. . . and the theater 1/4 finals show those same years. . .

1980 Cavaliers; Madison Scouts; Bridgemen; Spirit of Atlanta; North Star

1981 Troopers; 27th Lancers

1983 Phantom Regiment; Garfield Cadets

1984 Garfield Cadets; Blue Devils; Suncoast Sound

1986 Blue Devils; Sky Ryders

1987 Santa Clara Vanguard; Garfield Cadets

1988 Madison Scouts, Santa Clara Vanguard, Velvet Knights; Sky Ryders

1989 Phantom Regiment

1991 Cavaliers

1992 Velvet Knights; Blue Devils; Cavaliers

1993 Madison Scouts; Cadets

1995 Madison Scouts; Cavaliers

1996 Phantom Regiment; Blue Devils

1997 Madison Scouts; Crossmen; Santa Clara Vanguard

1999 Boston Crusaders; Madison Scouts

2000 Boston Crusaders; Cadets; Cavaliers

2002 Cavaliers; Blue Devils

2003 Phantom Regiment;

2004 Carolina Crown; Santa Clara Vanguard

2005 Bluecoats; Cadets; Phantom Regiment

2006 Bluecoats; Phantom Regiment;

Sorry to have bored you -- slow morning here, about to get less slow.

:whistle::angry::rolleyes:

For me,

1982 SCV......when they added the Bottle Dance.

1994 27th Lancers Alumni Corps.....I had no idea they were going to be in exhibition! They totally blew me away!

1995 Madison Scouts.......my ALL time favorite Scouts show....bar none! :angry:

83 Cadets - "EAST! EAST! EAST!"

When has something like that happened since then?

Umm...1980 when 27th Lancers were right on Blue Devils tails! The whole crowd was chanting including some of us corps members as we wanted to see a corps from the east be crowned for the first time.

For me,

1982 SCV......when they added the Bottle Dance.

1994 27th Lancers Alumni Corps.....I had no idea they were going to be in exhibition! They totally blew me away!

1995 Madison Scouts.......my ALL time favorite Scouts show....bar none! :angry:

82 SCV....without a doubt in my mind the loudest crowd reaction ever. I was there live, and when they started into the Bottle Dance after not doing it all season long, the crowd got so loud that I had to wait for the album to come to hear the end of their show. And I mean that very literally with no exaggeration. From the time the contras started that signature "here come the Bottle Dance" phrase I didn't hear another note....just unrestrained screaming....that got even louder after the last note (which I only knew happened because I saw the horns come down).

82 SCV....without a doubt in my mind the loudest crowd reaction ever. I was there live, and when they started into the Bottle Dance after not doing it all season long, the crowd got so loud that I had to wait for the album to come to hear the end of their show. And I mean that very literally with no exaggeration. From the time the contras started that signature "here come the Bottle Dance" phrase I didn't hear another note....just unrestrained screaming....that got even louder after the last note (which I only knew happened because I saw the horns come down).

I know, it was a wild night there in Montreal! :P Like you said, all year they had a different ending with rumors that they were going to put the Bottle Dance in for finals.

IIRC, a member posted a while back that even they couldn't hear themselves on the field thus creating the phasing from side to side for the ending.

For those who are curious, pull out a video or audio from that year and you will understand what we are talking about. I do believe had their been "applause meters" in place, this performance would have won with out a doubt.

I know, it was a wild night there in Montreal! :P Like you said, all year they had a different ending with rumors that they were going to put the Bottle Dance in for finals.

IIRC, a member posted a while back that even they couldn't hear themselves on the field thus creating the phasing from side to side for the ending.

For those who are curious, pull out a video or audio from that year and you will understand what we are talking about. I do believe had their been "applause meters" in place, this performance would have won with out a doubt.

A lot of people remember that show for the whole Bottle Dance thing...and that is completely understandable, but if you pull out the recording, I must say that was also one of the ballsiest opening statements I've ever heard. They were incredible from front to back.

2000 Boston

1997 Crossmen

two specific shows where the crowd seemed to be pulling for the corps throughout the entirety of the show....they just had that 'buzz' to them.

('99 boston was the same way, but less so. '99 madison was on fire too, and the crowd knew it/probably helped cause it.)

'96 and '03 phantom, unsurprisingly.

Edited by Jared_mello