Loudest Crowd Reaction

Hey Cabs - what year was that at Bridgeport (Bluefin Stadium) where the crowd where practically diving off the upper deck for us? I remember walking around the stadium afterwards with Gordito and getting stopped for autographs by little kids...man that was an awesome night!!

I think it was 2000. The year of the loudest hornline ever to play behind the front hash. b**bs Man those chords never stopped growing. Kinda like my belly that year. :worthy:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 Renegades. I was in the crowd during Prelims. By the end of the performance I had decided I was moving to California :)

I was back behind the field waiting to go on after the Renegades in 2005. That's when I decided that was the corps I wanted to march in if I could work it out.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

If this includes Reunion/Alumni Corps, I'd have to say that the loudest crowd reaction ever, might have been at UW's Camp Randall Stadium in Madison Wisconsin, last August when the Scouts' Reunion Corps was on that field. Probably 30,000 or so individuals screaming their heads off.

I'd have to agree with that. To my knowledge, the only thing that can compare with that reaction was the reaction, also to the Madison Scouts, at 1995 Finals. I wasn't there in 1995, but I've seen/heard the video.

I'll ask Jeff, a current member of Frontier and a Madison Scout who marched in 1995 and in the alumni corps last year, which time was louder. B)

Edited by FrontierEuph

maybe premature, but 07 barnum festival is shaping up to be one of those nights!!!!! the kind of show we live for!

95 Madison

By far. I was in the upper tier of the stadium for that show, and you couldn't even hear the last half of Malaga over the crowd. Insanity!

'97 Madison also appeared to be well received, though I was on the sidelines with the Glassmen for that, so I couldn't accurately gauge crowd reaction

So, who do you think had the loudest crowd reaction in Senior Corps History?

Some that come to mind would be some of those old Skyliners shows of the 60's ...Who do you think?

Whoever it was, their's wasn't half the volume of Madison Alumni Project's Semi-finals crowd reaction. Loud answered loud.

The look on the faces of the Top-12 kids was priceless.

I will also say that '63 Sky at the dream was pretty loud. "Skyliners you've done it again, another excellent performance. Ladies and Gentlemen what do you have to say to the Skyliners.... I can't hear you!"

That was an awesome crowd reaction for Sky at that show, for sure!

The Dream announcer that year was priceless.... with that NY/northern NJ accent. My favorite part is when he announces the corps....."now lining up at the starting line, are the New York Skyliners..." and the crowd goes freakin' BALLISTIC. The roar dies down a bit.... and the announcer adds, "....who have brought all of Yonkers, NY, with them this afternoon!'" Classic Dream moment.

Fran

All of the"crowd" moments mentioned so far are good ones......great memories! I'll add another one:

1977 Matadors at the Madison Square Garden show. At the end of their "Malaguena" concert the crowd noise was deafening.... and I'm putting that mildly.

Then the Mats played the first few notes of their "Rocky" closer....... and for a time you literally could not hear the corps over the crowd reaction. Then at the conclusion of the Matadors' show, I thought the #### Garden roof was either going to collapse or lift off into outer space..... the audience (including all of us from the other corps in the show that night) was going wild.

Absolutely one of the best drum corps moments I've been lucky to witness.

Fran