'Throw It Down'

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, I pulled up the site - throwitdownthemovie.com - "okay, first off, we are not a band.."

Looks great.

Beat me to it...I love that "...we are a drum corps!!!there are no flutes or saxaphones..." I hope the corps directors see this documentary just for this quote alone.

Is the trailer available anywhere else? I can't get to youtube right now.

Can anyone please explain the crowbar to me?

I remember seeing their bass drums walking around with it back in 98....a crowbar.....

I don't get it.

contra/tuba thing- the guy holding it was the section leader in 2007...

i got to hold it for 2 retreats! (back in the good old days when there were actually full retreats....)

Good point. So did they pay royalties for the music in the trailer, or was that an original composition?

Dunno....but it's not a corps playing it, and since it's part of the trailer, I'd guess the movie producti9on company either paid for the rights or paid for an OG work...nothing on 'Coats' shoulders there.

Wow. I guess I missed the original topic posted almost two months ago.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...f=3&t=94496

contra/tuba thing- the guy holding it was the section leader in 2007...

i got to hold it for 2 retreats! (back in the good old days when there were actually full retreats....)

The crow bar dates back to 1991. I won't tell the story associated with it, but I was involved in....cough cough, acquiring Gunther (yes, the crow bar has a name). Its simply a rallying implement that became a tradition with the contra/tuba section. A terrific symbol of strength and confidence, and great in a street fight if you ever needed it.

It came in handy in 1993 when we housed in Jackson, MS for finals in a not-so-savory neighborhood. Not too many people were going to mess with 12 big guys carrying contras and a crow bar.

DW

The crow bar dates back to 1991. I won't tell the story associated with it, but I was involved in....cough cough, acquiring Gunther (yes, the crow bar has a name). Its simply a rallying implement that became a tradition with the contra/tuba section. A terrific symbol of strength and confidence, and great in a street fight if you ever needed it.

It came in handy in 1993 when we housed in Jackson, MS for finals in a not-so-savory neighborhood. Not too many people were going to mess with 12 big guys carrying contras and a crow bar.

DW

I would totaly mess with 12 guys carrying contras. What are they going to do with them in the brawl? The guy with the crow bar is another story. :-)