Favorite seat on the bus

I always aimed for just slightly ahead of the middle. Not too close to the driver's radio, and too far back where you felt every bump in the road. How bout you?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when we go on band trips, I enjoy sitting in the middle, next to the window, by myself. I'm a rather tall fellow, so I need all the leg room I can get and I like to sleep on the trips.

Also, when you're in the middle, you're within talking distance of most everyone on the bus.

I've done front back and middle for a full year and each has their own comparative advantages. Just because I'd rather do anything than study for my finals right now I will list the pros and cons of each.

Front

Pros: First to get off for laundry/rest stops/food. Don't have to worry about stepping on anybody sleeping in the aisles on those 2 AM gas station stops.

Cons: Right next to the driver radio and any staff riding the bus. Can not have sectionals on the bus without everybody having to stop it so they can get off at every single stop or annoying the driver.

Middle

Pros: Able to easily talk with everyone on the bus, and don't have to wait long to get off the bus for food/laundry/rest stops.

Cons: People still walk through the middle of sectionals making practice difficult (especially for Bass Drums). Occasionally have to act as the shield between Front vs. Back brawls.

Back

Pros: Nobody walking through sectionals making for easier practices. Can be quieter and more relaxing(private)[/size=1] on long trips.

Cons: The very last to get off the bus which can mean waiting in line for food and washers. Sometimes engine problems are loud and clear in the back seats.

Conclusion: Overall all three sections of the bus have obvious advantages and dis-advantages. It all lies in what you prefer. Myself I enjoy the back of the bus personally. But now back to your regularly scheduled programs!

Whichever has the hot guard girl in it.

hot guard girl ftw.

back of the bus sucks!