2007 Predictions

I will try to back my predictions with loosely based logic!

1. Phantom - Because I like them. And I like where the show is going.

2. Cavaliers- Their design team will make them almost always tops or next to it.

3. Cadets- This is a difficult show, very gutsy. It reminds me of 03.

4. Blue Devils- Because I have heard nothing about them, they have already lost! Ha, sarcasm of course. Once I know more, it will change my mind.

5. Blue Coats- I really like this show idea. They have been on the rise, and they will stay near the top.

6. SCV- Will be of top caliber, and this will CERTAINLY not be typical 6th place show.

7. Carolina Crown- They'll get better percussion hopefully, and the whole corps will benefit from it.

8. Blue Knights- I don't think I'll like their show, but I think they will place around here, I guess. I actually don't know anything about them yet.

9. Boston Crusaders- New designers, new guard staff. Why not?

10. Glassmen. I believe they'll maintain where they've been at.

11. Crossmen!!!! Yeah. Mainly the move from Texas helps pick up their momentum.

12. Blue Stars!!!! Yeah. They've been on the rise.

13. Madison. The staff throwout, the lack of experienced members. I feel the show will still be of good calibur, but cleanliness and crisp Madison technique won't be quite there.

14-21? I've never really seen enough of these corps. I imagine corps like Spirit, Colts, and Southwind will be close, and Pioneer will be at the bottom but still manage to provide their members with a quality experience.

That is all.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Green Team does BJ! I'm looking forward to see how Gaines does BJ. He's is the key IMO.

2. PR floats into second again, but by a narrow margin, and could easily win. They DRUM like crazy

3. Bloo Steals third from Blue ( IF.......... IF their visual improves.......I hope their CG and Dance staff steps it up a notch)..... because they can PLAY and DRUM with the best. (I could see a drum battle with PR for the title)) I like the new LOGO, and the thought process behind it! Their new unis will be classy I'm sure.........Well done DG. Nice interview to boot. He's mature beyond his years, yet very hip to make the most of what he has. Bloo is Smart, very smart indeed.

4. BD, hey, I could be way off here, they're capable of winning on any given year. Scott, Jay, Scott, Wayne, and Ryan are some of the best, as are their members. I just think their approach may be a little tired, but again, I would never count them out. I just don't see the wings as breaking new ground.

5. Cadets.... The amps and the narration fail at finals, Hopkins goes into a funk. (Again, I could be way off here, Eric K. is a quality guy, who could lead the Cadets to yet another title. Hopkins has moments of greatness, and this could be one of them. IMO, he's trying to make the gimmicks work just to prove a point.

6. Crown.... Beddis and his staff make the difference, D.V.D. has the brass line playing their axx's off, Crown comes on down he stretch.... This is a dangerous corps.............and could be higher, way higher! Those I have above need to look out!!!!!!

7. SCV They're a little less less mature, and their ability to play is a ? I hate too be the boogie man, but, in spite of the slick video, they will be hurting in drums compared to the rest of the top corps. . IMO, they're still a year or two away.

8/9 .....Boston/ BK In my mind this is a close call, and could go either way. I like BC because of their improving drumline and their maturity, but BK has been really good the past couple of years and also plays very well. . Either corps could surprise those above.

10. Gmen.. as much as I respect Sal, I hear they're a little young. I think Brian Hickman is a very solid director, but he needs to really focus on the brass line. If the Gmen could really PLAY, they could be move up back into the upper crust in no time with Sal there. They're probably a year or two away. IMO, this is a sleeping giant. Eric Ward was a great addition and Tim N continues to improve their guard. This might be the darkhorse, if they can play.

11. Spirit...... I just don't see them dropping out of finals, and they could beat the Gmen with a great design effort.

12. Colts..... Tomsa along with a new drum staff and talented members add up to a finals appearance. Long over due for this fine organization.

13. Crossmen..... Scully has them knocking on the door, and could easily be in the dance if all goes well. The move to texas works well. IMO, their guard is the question mark. They have renewed energy level.

14. Madison....... Just too much to overcome with a whole new staff. I listened to the camp recordings and while it sounds pretty good, I just don't see them hanging with the rest. (The depth of the book is a question) I could be wrong, and I hope I am. They could slip into finals, and I hope they do. The activity needs a healthy and Successful Madison Scouts. Getting a week late start at spring move-ins can't help either. If Spanos can 'weather the storm", they might be on the path to a renewed success. IMO, a lot of the Scouts alumni don't realize how good they were in 05. With a great ending, Carmen could have easily placed higher. The Alumni and BOD can't expect miracles. Be patient here, and let's give them some time. this could be another sleeping giant waiting to explode.

15. Blue stars lurk, and could be higher if everything goes well. they have been improving every year and there's no reason to think they're going to stop in 07. This corps could easily be in finals, and surprise many.

Are some of us REALLY that high on our own horse that we are going to say that someones OPINION is WRONG. What kind of attitude is that? Do those of you that are just blatantly typing the word WRONG really know where groups are going to be?

Get a grip people and let people have their opinions.

I love how these stupid threads turn into a bunch of people that are "right" about all things drum corps preaching the gospel according to their own bias, which in turn allows them to just say that someone is WRONG.

No, but I sure as hell know that Cadets will not be placing anywhere near 7th place and would be willing to take any bet (monetary or otherwise) that that won't happen. Seriously, someone call me out on this, I'd love a way to make an easy profit.

Btw, last time Cadets placed 7th was in 1981, which at the time was the highest placement they had ever achieved.

Edited by TSRTS13

I'm sorry but I think you are "wrong".

I'm sorry, but I think you're point lost it's punch by the third time you said "wrong."

~>conner

I don't see Bluecoats dropping out of Top 5...

It's hard to argue with momentum but you think a corps that was 6th in semis at last year's championships is a LOCK for top 5? I don't think any of the corps in last year's 4-6 six spots would be a surprise at 7 OR at 3. Competition will be brutal this year.

No, but I sure as hell know that Cadets will not be placing anywhere near 7th place...

WOW! REALLY? You "know" this? That's amazing!!!! Can you PM me with your copy of the recaps for 07 finals? I would love to see how everything else pans out. Obviously only YOU have the answers so please enlighten me on a PM with these FACTS so that I too may share in this exclusive "knowledge".

Funny too...not only did you say that you "know" that they won't actually PLACE 7th...but you said that they won't place "ANYWHERE NEAR" 7th.

QUESTION: Were you around in 06? They sure weren't too far from 7th then! Two placements away. In 1991 they were 6th. Don't think it can't happen.

Edited by passionatedc

Another one. :wink:

Nothing against "Academy" (and I'm not going to say you are "WRONG" either hahaha) but seriously...go watch their DVD from last year and compare it to any of the Division I corps from last year. They would fit somewhere just below Semis. NOWHERE EVEN CLOSE to finals level. Could they improve? Sure. But I don't see it being that drastic though. Could I be...."wrong" (giggle)....sure...but right now since I don't have the recaps in front of me, I have to think realisticly.

Oh sure...someone now is going to say "but you have SCV going from 6th to 1st". Yes, I do. I think that is a little more realistic than a corps like The Academy (who is NOT at the level of "Magic" the year they won Division II then made finals in Division I) to jump straight into finals after a year where if they were in Division I would have struggled to make semis.

wrong :P :P

1. The Green Team does BJ!

:spit: :P

QUESTION: Were you around in 06? They sure weren't too far from 7th then! Two placements away. In 1991 they were 6th. Don't think it can't happen.

Were you around in '06? They were a lot closer to 4th than 7th, if memory serves me correctly.