DCA Extends Championship Agreement

Well, what about RFK Stadium in D.C.? It's closer to the south, but not too far from the northeast.

Might not be enough body bags to handle the carnage. But you can hope(I guess)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone gets lost coming out of RFK seems the only ******* people who know how to find the highway are homeless. Went to Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge concert there and got hung up in the cluster **** ring a round the rosie traffic pattern around the stadium. Got to see the car leading our parade go down a side street as the rest of us kept going in a circle. Hour of drving back and forth later found a gas station and asked guy standing by the pumps how to get back to the beltway. Guy gave me great directions then hit me up for $$$$.

Wish I would have given him more as it was worth it....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

If anyone gets lost coming out of RFK seems the only ******* people who know how to find the highway are homeless. Went to Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge concert there and got hung up in the cluster **** ring a round the rosie traffic pattern around the stadium. Got to see the car leading our parade go down a side street as the rest of us kept going in a circle. Hour of drving back and forth later found a gas station and asked guy standing by the pumps how to get back to the beltway. Guy gave me great directions then hit me up for $$$$.

LOL......... very true, Jim! I've driven in the area of that stadium many times.... anyone who doesn't know exactly where they're going can be in for an interesting time, to say the least.

Plus, the neighborhood not too far from RFK Stadium makes the neighborhood near the Rochester stadium look like Beverly Hills.

Fran

Last time I was lost in that area, there was furniture burning in a front yard and you had to be buzzed into the Arby's b**bs

Edited by jeff danchik

LOL and the fact it was close to midnight didn't help matters either. :rolleyes: And looking at that less than half full gas gauge was unnerving to say the least. :sshh: After a 20-30 minutes of creep and crawl we started asking people in the other cars if this was the way back to the beltway and nobody had any idea. Everytime you heard "Ahhh, I hope this is the right way. I'm just following everyone else" that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach got worse.

Oh yeah, the concert was very "memoriable" too. Second row from the top with two teenagers behind us with a very high blood alcohol content. Start of the concert they were yelling and screaming with the rest of us. Then they got quieter and quieter. End of concert we looked back and they looked ready to blow (throw up). Our row emptied out VERY quickly when we noticed that.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

A couple of things:

a) I probably won't make to Rochester this year, but for next year, are there any state parks or campgrounds nearby? I camped at Lackawana State Park (or whatever it's called--a great place, btw) just north of Scranton in '04. If there are ( I can check the 'net for state parks my self), I'd be interested in info.

B) Has anyone thought about Canton, OH for a possible venue? There is a certain stadium there, which I wonder if it gets much use, or would that be too far for the NE corps to get to? Just a thought.

Peace. :)

B) Has anyone thought about Canton, OH for a possible venue? There is a certain stadium there, which I wonder if it gets much use, or would that be too far for the NE corps to get to? Just a thought.

If you're thinking Canton, you must be referring to either Fawcett Stadium (home of the NFL Hall of Fame game and this year's Bluecoats home show) or Paul Brown Tiger Stadium (actually in neighboring Massillon, Ohio, and another home to the Bluecoats home show in previous years). Both are artificial turf, are large enough to accommodate DCA Championships-sized crowds, and are within an hour's drive to Cleveland (Flee to the Cleve!), less time to get to the Cleveland suburbs and Akron.

Note that Empire Statesmen are sponsoring a show in Salem, Ohio, this year corps from three regions (northeast, south, and midwest) attending. Salem is near Youngstown, which has a big stadium available (Youngstown State University, former stomping grounds of Ohio State University football head coach Jim Tressell). This is another possibility.

Of course, none of these are possibilities if nobody submits a bid from either of these areas.

If you're thinking Canton, you must be referring to either Fawcett Stadium (home of the NFL Hall of Fame game and this year's Bluecoats home show) or Paul Brown Tiger Stadium (actually in neighboring Massillon, Ohio, and another home to the Bluecoats home show in previous years). Both are artificial turf, are large enough to accommodate DCA Championships-sized crowds, and are within an hour's drive to Cleveland (Flee to the Cleve!), less time to get to the Cleveland suburbs and Akron.

Note that Empire Statesmen are sponsoring a show in Salem, Ohio, this year corps from three regions (northeast, south, and midwest) attending. Salem is near Youngstown, which has a big stadium available (Youngstown State University, former stomping grounds of Ohio State University football head coach Jim Tressell). This is another possibility.

Of course, none of these are possibilities if nobody submits a bid from either of these areas.

Canton, seems like a good idea. Most of the Eastern groups should have little trouble with that. They (Canton) having the Big NFL Hal of Fame Game means they know about holding a A Large event with lots of people.

Just a a wierd thought. BUT, why couldn't the Bluecoats become a CO sponsor of a bid? They are holding a contest in the area and should be of a big help in getting things up and maybe make a little money on the side!

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

A couple of things:

a) I probably won't make to Rochester this year, but for next year, are there any state parks or campgrounds nearby? I camped at Lackawana State Park (or whatever it's called--a great place, btw) just north of Scranton in '04. If there are ( I can check the 'net for state parks my self), I'd be interested in info.

Visit this link for State parks near Rochester.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/

Patrick