Div II/ III Predictions

Isn't Oregon in Division II?

I don't know if this is the case, but from another thread:

From the order of appearance line-ups it appears that The Oregon Crusaders are in Div 3.
-- http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=1837782

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a little VK in there

But, we'll probably be disqualified for birthing a live calf on the center X during the ballad!

Would you stop telling people about our awesome show ideas!?

Nope. VK has announced elsewhere that they will be featuring badgers.

Perhaps next season.

Badgers? BADGERS? We dont need no stinking Badgers!

VK has to prove that they can be as talented as they can entertaining. I know that was always a balance that the old Velvet Knights aspired to. You can have all the props in the world, but if you don't have the chops, you don't have the score...and we all know if you don't have the score, you don't have the finals spot. I'm not saying that they can't do it, I'm just saying that talk is cheap and very soon, they will be at the bat.

Actually, we're planing virtual props, complete with 3-D glasses.

But props to you for pointing that out.

In my opinion here is my top 8...Btw did any1 know that memphis is now Division 3 not division 2 when did that happen??? But anyways

1.) Spartans (top div. 2 corp returning from last year)

2.) Blue devils b (always in the top)

3.) Velvet knight (who doesnt want to join these guys????)

4.) Mempis Sound (despite their div. change I have heard some really good things about these guys)

5.) Oregon crusader (their show doesnt look to be a memorable one.)

6.) IMPULSE (Here is Another div. 3 that is gonna upset the big dogs)

7.) Jersey surf

8.) teal sound

You do know teal sound is housing 135 members and they sound awesome right? Same with Surf... from this quote I can derive a lot about your thinking process. Read up on your corps dude!

Edited by dudes

You do know teal sound is housing 135 members and they sound awesome right? Same with Surf... from this quote I can derive a lot about your thinking process. Read up on your corps dude!

just remember that OC in 2005 had a few shy of a full corps (if i am not mistaken). They were a huge corps their first year out in div II. OC also sounded great that year (as they do every year). They came in 9th place. 135 members does not guarentee a high placement. its the execution that determines how well a corps does. no one has executed their show on the field yet so let the predicitions be whatever they may be.

I still hope that Surf breaks into the top 3 this year, if not win it! And I really hope teal sound isnt too far behind... if not ahead! Teals 2005 show was great. You know what? The 2005 div II/III season was an amazing season all together. There were some awesome programs that year.

When has size had a direct impact on placement?

Edited by Carl306

teal sound had a really off season last year

i wouldnt be shocked if they took div 2 this year

just remember that OC in 2005 had a few shy of a full corps (if i am not mistaken). They were a huge corps their first year out in div II. OC also sounded great that year (as they do every year). They came in 9th place. 135 members does not guarentee a high placement. its the execution that determines how well a corps does. no one has executed their show on the field yet so let the predicitions be whatever they may be.

I still hope that Surf breaks into the top 3 this year, if not win it! And I really hope teal sound isnt too far behind... if not ahead! Teals 2005 show was great. You know what? The 2005 div II/III season was an amazing season all together. There were some awesome programs that year.

Oregon Crusaders also lost their housing site all finals week in 2005 because DCI screwed up their housing and gave it to a DIV I corps and put all the memebers in a hotel, and they did not as much as they would have had they had a housing site. FYI and it would be foolish to think that if they prsacticed as much as the other corps had that week that they would not have placed higher.