Div II/ III Predictions

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that a corps will win DII and another will win DIII. They will have worked hard to achieve this goal, but, someone on DCP will open a thread to opine that they did not deserve their accolades. :silly:

There...I win!

Dang! You got it first! :worthy:

Maybe it means you guys will win....

Or not.

How big are you guys this year? :sshh:

OK...enough sarcasm from me.

OK....not really.

But REALLY...best of luck to everyone.

There will be a winner for each division.

And then there will be everyone else.

But for the majority of people in both groups, there will be memories to cherish, lifelong friends to be had, laughable stories about an unexpected occurance, something that will make you cry, something that will make you smile for years to come, realization on what it takes to be the best (which doesn't necessarily mean win) in something, time for introspection, time to grow.....not to mention what is likely to be your most exciting time performing in your life.......

We all would like to win. But what makes this activity great is what it teaches us no matter where we are at.

Welcome once again to drum corps.

I predict that a corps will win DII and another will win DIII. They will have worked hard to achieve this goal, but, someone on DCP will open a thread to opine that they did not deserve their accolades. :worthy:

There...I win!

They didn't deserve it and you know they didn't!!! :P

Sorry was getting that out of the way early also.

I'm curious as to why a lot of people are putting Impulse so low in their predictions. Two years ago they were a good Div II corps and last year they won Div III...I don't see any reason that they would do worse than they did last year. Is there any basis for putting Revolution and other corps ahead of them at this point? Anyone have any camp repots or something? Personally I think Impulse has a good shot of winning Div III again.

1) Revolution switched over to Bb/F. Last year they won brass in G bugles, so brass is most likely ahead of last year.

2) The new color guard caption head actually marched as opposed to last year with a high school director.

3) From the sounds at camp, they are going back to their "identity" types of music (dark/esoteric), different from the 'bright music' of last year.

4) From their website, Revolution went back with their drill writer from 02 and 03, which should help their GE and visual more than the past two years.

5) and... they're from Texas, enough said. lol

Div 2 is going to be fun to watch this year because BDB and SCVC will be out on an odd numbered year which is awesome, however being that there is only i think 7 Div 2's for this year, it's gonna be a very interesting year with all the talent involved. In the spirit of predictions, i will predict that SCVC, BDB, Raiders, and Spartans will be back and forth for the top spots all season.

Div 3 is going to be even more fun to watch with all the corps that have decided to go down to 3 for the 07 season. Again, i will predict OC, Impulse, and Revo battling for the top spots here.

Good luck to everyone, unfortunately i won't be marching this summer since i got a nice reality check in my first year at college....i love this activity and make sure you all represent to the fullest at all times because no matter what anyone says, Div 2/3 is where it's at.

Raiders??? Noooo, wrong NJ corps. It's Surf & Spartans all th way. Some friends saw Surf last weekend & said they are light years ahead of last year. Spartans are always competitive and consistent. 2 Cal groups will be battling for 3rd with Teal Sound.

Div 2 is going to be fun to watch this year because BDB and SCVC will be out on an odd numbered year which is awesome, however being that there is only i think 7 Div 2's for this year, it's gonna be a very interesting year with all the talent involved. In the spirit of predictions, i will predict that SCVC, BDB, Raiders, and Spartans will be back and forth for the top spots all season.

Div 3 is going to be even more fun to watch with all the corps that have decided to go down to 3 for the 07 season. Again, i will predict OC, Impulse, and Revo battling for the top spots here.

Good luck to everyone, unfortunately i won't be marching this summer since i got a nice reality check in my first year at college....i love this activity and make sure you all represent to the fullest at all times because no matter what anyone says, Div 2/3 is where it's at.

Raiders??? Noooo, wrong NJ corps. It's Surf & Spartans all th way. Some friends saw Surf last weekend & said they are light years ahead of last year. Spartans are always competitive and consistent. 2 Cal groups will be battling for 3rd with Teal Sound.

no need to get defensive, just my personal predictions.

1) Revolution switched over to Bb/F. Last year they won brass in G bugles, so brass is most likely ahead of last year.

2) The new color guard caption head actually marched as opposed to last year with a high school director.

3) From the sounds at camp, they are going back to their "identity" types of music (dark/esoteric), different from the 'bright music' of last year.

4) From their website, Revolution went back with their drill writer from 02 and 03, which should help their GE and visual more than the past two years.

5) and... they're from Texas, enough said. lol

1) Revolution had a much superior Brass Caption Head last year compared to who is there now. (Although the new Caption was on staff last season, it was Jason Harvey who built that brass line in 2006).

2) Marching doesn't always mean great teaching.

3) Only in 2002 have they been successful with the dark/esoteric music and really that music was recognizable.

4) In 2002 and 2003 there were major re-writes plus they went with a new person in 2004. They haven't won High Visual since 2002 and that is because of the staff that was there.

5) but they are from Texas

no need to get defensive, just my personal predictions.

Hey box! Miss you this year!

Are you gonna come see us this year? Our show is gonna be so sweet! I think you're gonna love us if you come out and see us.

Hey box! Miss you this year!

Are you gonna come see us this year? Our show is gonna be so sweet! I think you're gonna love us if you come out and see us.

dan the man, of course lol.

im plannin to come out in the next few weeks actually and then i may make it out to california. everything around here ill be at. i miss you too pal, ill see ya soon enough.

"one more time...."