Favorite Sop Solos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything by George "Sidemouth" Richardson, Tommy Martin, Tom Swan, John Girardi, and any who played solos in NY are awesome to me!

And Harry Hazelwood and Grass and Gus Wilke and George Rodriquez and Joe DeFiglia and Joe Chizek Sr and Johnnie Guarino and Jim Ednie and Bobby Burke and Pepe Notaro (yes, he did play lead soprano his first years in the corps) and Dom Livotti and Ernie Fesler and Kenton Clark and Joe Arioso and PeeWee Todaro and Joe Todaro et al................................

Great soprano soloists all!

Ray

Doug Oravez circa Hurricanes mid to late 70's could get out of bed in the middle of the night and absoulutely NAIL :worthy: the Mag 7 solo in formentioned song ..... God Bless The General :blink:

That guy who plays "Georgia" for CV is pretty good..... or so I hear. :blink:

Hellz yeah!! Go Hunter Moss!!!! :rolleyes::laugh:

That guy who plays "Georgia" for CV is pretty good..... or so I hear. :rolleyes:

This is quite true. For 10 years with CV, Hunter has laid it down with style, power and finesse, EVERY solo EVERY time. I know I'm partial, but I'm disappointed that he doesn't get more recognition than he does informally and formally.

This is quite true. For 10 years with CV, Hunter has laid it down with style, power and finesse, EVERY solo EVERY time. I know I'm partial, but I'm disappointed that he doesn't get more recognition than he does informally and formally.

S'okay...those of us who know his work in the 80s know he;s still the real deal!!

My fave sop solo...."She's Not There" 06 SoCal Dream...because I finally GOT one!!

Good thing I hit it on finals day, 'cause I hacked the bloody hell out of it at prelims (thanks, TP Eduardo!)

Well...I may be just a little biased.....and while not a screaming soloist...I think Laurie Ford's solo of Precious Lord during MCL's 2005 show was fanfreakingtastic. Lots of emotion and wonderful tone.

:)