• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VK will be marching 15,000 people this summer. All on marching bells. Or chimes. I'm not sure yet.

[/sarcasm]

As a VK vet, and one of the architects of the 80's VK corps, I'm happy to see the corps return to the field. Will they be the same as the old corps? I'm thinking yes...and no. Inspired, yes. But I'm thinking they'll also be as different from the 80's/90's corps as that corps was from the 60's/70's corps. There is no single VK identity. Most people know the 80's/90's corps because they are the most recent, and have been recorded more completely.

It's funny. Even though Impulse was founded by primarily VK alumni, they took some shots from other VK alumni for "ripping off" VK. What's old is new again, but it seems most of the criticism is from outside the alumni ranks.

My advice is to sit back, relax, toss a beach ball, and enjoy the corps. They don't do it for the money, so it must be for fun!

So there!

Garry in Vegas

Gotta watch out. Talk bad about a Top 12 corps, and you're a critic. Talk bad about anyone else, you're an ***hole.

This is DCP no one is entitled to there opinion without getting bashed for it. Id hate for DCP to become a government, we all would be screwed.

Good Luck VK!

This is the intarwebs no one is entitled to there opinion without getting bashed for it. Id hate for DCP to become a government, we all would be screwed.

Good Luck VK!

Fix'd.

Sheez. It's Internets. "Yes, that's a great question. Thanks. I hear there's rumors on the, uh, Internets" (sic)

Now, back to the bashing on the VeeKay Drum & Bell Corpse.

Here's a thought (I feel like Jerry Springer, with a "final thought," although I doubt that it'll be the last comment):

Talk bad about any drum corps, you're an ***hole. Really. We lose corps every year. You'll never see most of them, when they fold, ever again. We spend all our time criticizing them instead of supporting them. Then when they are gone forever, we say how much we miss them. We potentially get one back (or at least some people who want to pick up the mantle of a legend), and the criticism starts in even before they hit the field.

Example: I got so sick of hearing people bash Cadets last summer that I felt ill when I saw that their show WASN'T EVEN BAD!! And I thought about how much it would STINK if there were no Cadets anymore! No matter what you think about Hop or amps or anything else.

Be good to each other.

:blink:

Edited by festive

I just wanted to say Good Luck to the Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle Corps for the Upcoming 2007 season.

You have been missed and it is so nice to see the corps rise from the ashes of what once was.

If you are half as entertaining as your namesakes then you will be greatly enjoyed and appreciated by the Drum Corps community at large.

And I hope that what you are building today becomes the solid foundation of a corps that will thrive for many years to come, especially since I won't get a chance to see VK 2.0 this season.

Best of luck VK, and to all your members I want to thank you for being there to enable this great corps' return.

Thank You

I just wanted to say Good Luck to the Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle Corps for the Upcoming 2007 season.

You have been missed and it is so nice to see the corps rise from the ashes of what once was.

If you are half as entertaining as your namesakes then you will be greatly enjoyed and appreciated by the Drum Corps community at large.

And I hope that what you are building today becomes the solid foundation of a corps that will thrive for many years to come, especially since I won't get a chance to see VK 2.0 this season.

Best of luck VK, and to all your members I want to thank you for being there to enable this great corps' return.

Thank You

Thank You Phil,

As the director of the Velvet Knights, I'd like to thank you and everyone who has supported us in this attempt to bring a smile back to the face of DCI.

It has been an exciting process to say the least, but after all is said and done our fondest wish is to give this generation of Velvet Knights a corps to be proud of.

Once again, thank you and everyone for their continued well wishes.

Daniel Zeilinger

Director Velvet Knights Drum and Bugle Corps

( a division of the VK Youth Arts Organization)

Great, fantastic, best of luck to you, your family and everyone who has the letters V or K in their name. Now please stop all the ridiculous posts by your staff/admin/pr who somehow think if they act like 14yr old boys it will appeal to potential members.

We want to like you - stop making it so hard to root for the corps.

Thank You Phil,

As the director of the Velvet Knights, I'd like to thank you and everyone who has supported us in this attempt to bring a smile back to the face of DCI.

It has been an exciting process to say the least, but after all is said and done our fondest wish is to give this generation of Velvet Knights a corps to be proud of.

Once again, thank you and everyone for their continued well wishes.

Daniel Zeilinger

Director Velvet Knights Drum and Bugle Corps

( a division of the VK Youth Arts Organization)

just curious.. what other groups/activities/etc are a part of the VK Youth Arts Organization?

Full Force Percussion.

Edited by Mike Pulido