DCA corps and fast endings

countermotion is the answer, man. 2005 Metheny show, First Circle was about 4, 4 1/2 minutes, cranking tempo all night at Finals; love that adrenaline! Several different countermotion moves at the end. crossing ranks, and then spinning, morphing square/circle/triangle thingy.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

countermotion is the answer, man. 2005 Metheny show, First Circle was about 4, 4 1/2 minutes, cranking tempo all night at Finals; love that adrenaline! Several different countermotion moves at the end. crossing ranks, and then spinning, morphing square/circle/triangle thingy.

That was my favourite show in '05 and probably my favourite version of Metheny on the field, even over the incredible 1998 Crossmen. You got HOSED!

That was my favourite show in '05 and probably my favourite version of Metheny on the field, even over the incredible 1998 Crossmen. You got HOSED!

agreed

Agree to disagree folks.

Who gives a rat's anus, as long as it's loud!!!!!!!!!

Actually, music wise, the very first thing we learned this year at Bucs was the closer, believe it or not.

I've often wondered if it would be better to teach a show backwards, ending on a piece that everyone is most comfortable. Last year we played the same closer as the year before (same thing but different). Even though I was playing a different part and it was in a completely different key, I still felt confident with that tune at the end of the show.

Before I got there, last year Bush learned drill backwards. It went Closer, Opener, Ballad if I'm not mistaken.

Agree to disagree folks.

Who gives a rat's anus, as long as it's loud!!!!!!!!!

on that i will agree to disagree with you.

just because something is loud doesn't mean that it is automatically good or audience enjoyable.

The thing to remember is that not all DCA corps are full of young, fit members.

We had some young "un-fit" members to.

<---- Like this guy!

The early 90's, Empire always did a fast ending. Immediately after basics block, David would say "set up the fast ending" and we would do set to set, and then run it about 10 times, running it dry and then playing it numerous times.

After a short water break, WE WOULD START THE REHEARSAL items necessary to clean, and always do many run throughs for conditioning.