DCI Titles and Pants with Stripes

Looking back through the years, many corps have dropped the stripe on their pants. WHy? Well to me it seems pretty clear. It's one less thing that shows off visual flaws in the lower body. It also took away some POP at field level where the fans were sitting. I'm not picking on Cavies ... but I look at what happened in the 80's til now ... and they are a prime example

86 ... big WHITE stripe ... 3rd

87 .... same stripe .... 3rd

1988 ... let's skip that year ;)

89 2nd

90 2nd

91 2nd no stripe

92 1st .. black sequin stripe on black pants

95,, 00, 01, etc etc etc

By 1995 only 2 corps were left with a stripe ... Cadets and Crossmen (In the top 12). And that trend has continued.

Maybe there is no real conclusion to draw from this ... but I really miss the stripes and would rather see a champion have the guts to wear them. They were sharp ... and yes they exposed flaws. But man did they look hot when you marched clean.

Looking back through the years, many corps have dropped the stripe on their pants. WHy? Well to me it seems pretty clear. It's one less thing that shows off visual flaws in the lower body. It also took away some POP at field level where the fans were sitting. I'm not picking on Cavies ... but I look at what happened in the 80's til now ... and they are a prime example

86 ... big WHITE stripe ... 3rd

87 .... same stripe .... 3rd

1988 ... let's skip that year ;)

89 2nd

90 2nd

91 2nd no stripe

92 1st .. black sequin stripe on black pants

95,, 00, 01, etc etc etc

By 1995 only 2 corps were left with a stripe ... Cadets and Crossmen (In the top 12). And that trend has continued.

Maybe there is no real conclusion to draw from this ... but I really miss the stripes and would rather see a champion have the guts to wear them. They were sharp ... and yes they exposed flaws. But man did they look hot when you marched clean.

Have you forgotten The Cadets still wear the stripe? They are Champions as well.

Stripe or no stripes makes very little difference if your feet are dirty (05 SCV)

I disagree. A stripe makes dirt much more obvious because you have another point of reference to see where technique is inconsistent

Scouts had a stripe on the pants until 2003.

What's the history of the Troopers and stripes? I know there were a few years in there where they lost the stripes, and then I think they brought them back. What will they have this summer?

Have you forgotten The Cadets still wear the stripe? They are Champions as well.

I stated that, as of 1995 the only corps in the top 12 left with stripes were Cadets and Crossmen. I didn't see for sure if Crossmen had a stripe last year but I'm well aware that Cadets have kept a stripe or a distinct line on the side of the pant throughout it's history. Thankfully, it will be the traditional stripe this season. BD added a front stripe last year, and they look to be wearing them again this year. Kudo's to them.

I wasn't saying you can't win unless you drop the stripe ... I'm saying bring the stripe back and show us why (Insert Corps) deserve the title. I was also implying that many corps dropped the stripe in order to help them move up the ladder or even win.

Scouts had a stripe on the pants until 2003.

What's the history of the Troopers and stripes? I know there were a few years in there where they lost the stripes, and then I think they brought them back. What will they have this summer?

My apologies ... I skipped Scouts for 95 .. but it did go by the wayside. Troopers for this year are an unknown. They are getting new uni's from Stanbury.