Who copies the other more?

So think about it. Does drum corps copy band more than band copies drum corps? Or is it vice versa?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are more bands copying corps out there than vice versa... but that could just be because there are a lot more bands than corps.

Edited by Penguin

I would say that in the 80's and 90's, drum corps was the standard that marching bands wanted to copy...

lately, however, with the success of BOA and other band organizations, SOME people in the drum corps world think that they should copy the marching bands...which, to me, is a big mistake. That seems to me like a Ferrari wanting to be more like a Honda Civic...

It's not an issue of copying. They have the same staffs. They'll often experiment with ideas with their bands and use variations or more complex versions of them later on with the corps they teach.

I think that Einstein had a good point. Instructors have to make a living and go where the work is. Wear a band hat one day, a Drum Corps hat the next. That's just the way it is.

Edited by Piper

I would say that in the 80's and 90's, drum corps was the standard that marching bands wanted to copy...

lately, however, with the success of BOA and other band organizations, SOME people in the drum corps world think that they should copy the marching bands...which, to me, is a big mistake. That seems to me like a Ferrari wanting to be more like a Honda Civic...

I'll say it again. I've seen High School Marching Bands perform better than Div. I corps.

They both copy each other more.

Truer words have never been spoken.