tour packages

Pretty simple. Most moveins are starting this weekend and I noticed more parents seem to be reading these threads. I think some of these may have been listed in other threads, but I thought a central location was a good idea for this summer. Here's mine:

-New socks. Nothing feels better on tour than brand new socks.

-Homemade goodies. Brownies or cookies are great and easy to share.

-Visa check card or walmart card with some money for those midtour stockups.

-Pictures from home of the pets or family.

-Quarters for laundry day.

-Their favorite magazines or the hometown newspaper (if they enjoy keeping up with the news).

-If they have newer buses, a new DVD that you know they've been wanting to see. (Most buses now adays have DVD or VCR players, just make sure their corps does before sending).

Anyone else have any advice on what to send?

How about some items to include for those of us who may be sending something to someone we don't know so well?

Obviously the cookies/snacks, socks, gold bond.

other suggestions?

Words of wisdom and comfort. Letting the member know that what they are doing out there is greatly appreciated, and that their hard work is paying off. To me thats what would mean the most to me Tour can take a toll on a member both physically and mentally. having someone send you some words of encouragement would be amazing. :)

In the past I've done guard tape for guard members......It's hard to fight to get tape and retape poles/weapons before a show.....an extra supply is awesome.

Capri Sun Sport makes single serve to go packs that are easy to pack into a small box that are similar to gatorade. I'd send the canisters too when I could. My daughter also liked beef jerky and I figured it was protein and her favorite was always Skittles.

When I send treats for the corps I like to do Rice Krispie Treats because they stand up to the heat pretty well and don't crumble. The kids really seemed to like them made with fruity pebbles too.

We also took pics of family gatherings over the summer and sent them on like father's day, the July 4 BBQ and all.

Hope this is helpful.

I think the best packages always include food. I'd recommend cookies because they are easier to eat and share. Also, I think the most entertaining thing I ever recieved in a package was some wacky pictures of friends, along with the National Enquirer. I think that thing must have made at least 30 passes all around the bus. It was a riot. Another thing that you might not think of as much is a good book or CD. I got one mid-tour and it totally helped me mentally make it through.

I think the best packages always include food. I'd recommend cookies because they are easier to eat and share. Also, I think the most entertaining thing I ever recieved in a package was some wacky pictures of friends, along with the National Enquirer. I think that thing must have made at least 30 passes all around the bus. It was a riot. Another thing that you might not think of as much is a good book or CD. I got one mid-tour and it totally helped me mentally make it through.

Money. (prepaid Visa, etc)

i've tossed in a few hair bands for girls (or guys with long hair), those mini charmin rolls for housing sites that are desolate, one year i put in some oral-b brush ups for the nights you don't have time to brush but feel yucky. favorite gum was a requested item one year. small bottles of hand disinfectant gel. single serve tubes of crystal light/gatorade for yucky water, easier to just toss one in your field bag than carry a cannister i figured. clean socks!