Jester

I guess you have never been in a corps that folded pre-season. The insincere "we have openings and would LOVE for you to fill them" are like predators swarming all over loose prey.

I feel for the kids that marched in Jester.

Don't get all uppity, any corps in 2/3 that has openings will take kids from a folded corps - as long as they are in the guard or brass. How many will take a snare or tenor drummer?

Thought so. Those kids are getting screwed big time.

Is VK willing to add snares or tenors or bass to accommodate Jester members?

That would be awesome

you're an idiot.

~>conner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of fact......we have one tenor spot open at VK.....and would love to accomodate others as well......

and the award for cheesiest post by a corps admin goes to....................who else but VK

Acceptance speech: "Why thanks, but we were just pretending to be concerned about those poor members of Jester corps who have no home. I can only assume they are walking the means streets of Arizona searching for a drum corps that will allow them to perform, well no not really. I am just trying to fill up my corps, but altruism plays much better".

Runners-up, every other corps who will follow with offers of spots**.

** disclaimer - for brass & guard only.

And so I guess you look down upon every corps that opened their arms to Troopers' members the year that corps went inactive with as much contempt? <**>

Well let's see, did the Troopers fold about 1.5 months before the competitive season started (as did Jester) or did their former members have ample time to audition for another corps ???? I am pretty sure you know the answer.

And so I guess you look down upon every corps that opened their arms to Troopers' members the year that corps went inactive with as much contempt? <**>

Ok, enough already. You're both being disrespectful to the Jester kids by continuing this immature bickering. Let's just agree that we are sorry that the kids don't have someplace to march this summer. It's VK's prerogative (as much as any other corps) to offer the kids a spot that needs to be filled. Their motives are unimportant, what is important is insuring that those kids have the right to march. Music for every child, and every child for music...

We at VK are waiting for you guys with open arms!!!

Hey Mayra, if they can get fake ID's we'll split em with ya, Arent they honorary Renegades anyway? To the kids of Jester, good luck this season and please help you organization rebuild bigger and badder than before.

Travler Garvey

Hey Mayra, if they can get fake ID's we'll split em with ya, Arent they honorary Renegades anyway?

Now that's just silly, Trav. You may have not gotten the memo, but on DCP, you shouldn't be silly.

Or offer someone somewhere to march when their corps has gone inactive for the season.

Because it's cheesy. Someone said so.

And the one thing that we cannot tolerate around here is cheese.

Unless it is donated. In which case it is ok.

Well, unless it is Limburger, which is really, really stinky and smells up the food truck.

In a rare serious moment, I personally hope that Jester has their year off, reorganizes and comes back with a vengeance.

There is nothing they deserve more right now than that.

Regardless, I think EVERYONE on this discussion thread can agree on that point......

Unless THAT is too cheesy. :feednotroll:

Signed,

Cheese Matsen

Captionhead of Havarti

The Bleu Cheeses Wine and Cracker Corps

Denmark

btw...there are still a few horn, drum and guard spots open in the 2007 Velvet Knights which could, potentially, be filled by people who might, or might not, be looking for a place to march independent of the fact whether your corps went inactive or was eaten by an enormous mutant space llama.

In fact, if you are looking for a place to march because you are a survivor of a giant llama dining your previous corps, you now have a spot in the VK contra line.

Cheese not included. :P

^0^

I noticed recently that on the new dci.org, Jester corps isn't even listed in the div 3 corps', even though they were still listed there after they were removed from the schedule. I think that's a really bad sign. Does anyone know if they still plan on going to California during the summer even for exhibition?

Edited by Hipposduck